Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-22-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
How do you get the orange flash effect that is used so much in videos such as bent felix? Im using the adobe premier elements program if that helps.

to show you what i mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwTwo9Ul4nM
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-22-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
Well im Pretty sure your thinking of light leaks or burns and those are caused from the 16mm film being exposed to light. Now there are other ways to achive this, like plugins maybe, i use art beats or actual film flashes and composite them in.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-23-2007, 12:17 AM Reply   
http://www.dpcfilms.com/HowTo/Articles/FilmBurn/index.asp
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-23-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
thanks guys
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-23-2007, 6:52 AM Reply   
Dave, you got that film burn in 720 24p Native yet?

That would be dope.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-23-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Ryan, since the film burn is being used as an adjustment layer or blend layer, you should easily be able to get away with upscaling the smaller resolution clip to HD. You could put a like a 2-pixel slight blur on it if you desired as well.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-23-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Nice, to be completely honest I haven't been able to open the Film Burn tutorial on Daves site. Windows media has always confused me.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-23-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
No HD version, but what Mike said will work since it not a primary layer.

What!?!??! no Windows Media Player? ;-p You must be on a MAC
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-23-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
*hijack--
If your on a mac go to www.flip4mac.com and download the windows media player conversion to quicktime. Youll be able to see any video presentations in quicktime form.
(edit -- here is the direct link http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm )
*end hijack--

(Message edited by _jason_ on October 23, 2007)
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-23-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
No, actually I have downloaded that and I have Windows Media Player and I still get a white screen. And yes, I do have a mac and I am damn proud of it! hahaha!
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-24-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
Yeah i second that, i can never watch stuff on Dave's site. I dont get it.
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-28-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
the film burn tutorial, he imports the Tail_Burn_2.mov file from the burn folder. where did he get it?

Also i noticed he is using adobe premier pro. i have adobe premier elements. is it the same thing and if not will it still work?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-28-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
On that DPC link:
"Right Click > Save Target As HERE for Film Burn Clip Here (file size: 6.5 mb | file type: .mov)"

You should be able to do it with Elements...
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-29-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
I doubt you can achieve the same exact procedure in Premiere Elements. The effect that was used "Luma Key" is somewhat advanced, and I really doubt it is included in "budget-oriented" video editing software packages. You could still achieve the effect in Elements using a different method (I would assume), but since I don't use Elements, I am clueless on where to guide you.