Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    tommyadrian5            03-05-2004, 6:25 AM Reply   
So i got the thru-hull fitting for my flush adaptor yesterday. My question is, what type of hose do i run from the flushpro to the thru hull adaptor(inside the boat). The inside is threaded, but is there a type of host that will have those connections (one garden hose style for the flushpro, and a smaller one for the thru hull adaptor on the other side)? Or do i just buy a garden hose, cut it to length and use a plumbing fitting on the end that attaches to the thru hull adaptor.

What type of hose do you guys have on boats that came with this option?

Old    g3revenge            03-05-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
are you going to have the flush pro plumbed so you can hook up a water hose outside the boat? is the thru hull a hose type connction on the exterior side?

i would take your thru hull fitting to the hardware and get an adapter to from the fitting to male garden hose. that way you can get a nice steel braided washing machine hose (female hose on each end) to hook up to the flush pro instead of some ugly green garden hose. the high temp (black or red) garden hoses look mucho better, but stainless would have some bling.
Old    tommyadrian5            03-05-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
this is the thru hull connection, it is a hose type connection on the exterior side, but the inside hull part is only threaded on the inside (female connection), but is too small a diameter to connect a garden hose. i guess i just need an adaptor to connect a garden hose to it to run to the flushpro adaptor itself?

Old    g3revenge            03-05-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
i would get a male to male garden hose. garden hose threads are special. they are not npt threads.

looks good. where are you going to mount it?
Old    g3revenge            03-05-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
that did NOT come out right. i would get a male to male garden hose adapter to screw into the back of the pictured fitting.

(Message edited by g3revenge on March 05, 2004)
Old    tommyadrian5            03-05-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
but the back of the fitting is not a female garden hose fitting, it is much smaller

i'm going to mount it on the transom, on the upper left side(when looking at the transom)
Old    oldschool            03-05-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
The other side of that fitting is threaded? It should be push-on. Get some generic hose at Home Depot...take that thru-hull fitting in and find the hose that fits on it. Measure out how much you'll need from the transom to the flush pro. Clamp the hose onto the back of the thru-hull fitting. Buy a male-end garden hose connector at Home Depot also. Then clamp that thing on the end of the hose at the flush pro.

This is how I did mine.
Old    tommyadrian5            03-05-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
ok, so i should just clamp the hose over it, i figured that's how it was supposed to be done, its only threaded on the inside, not the outside
Old    jsalem            03-05-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
What kind of boat are you installing this in? This is an inline connection to you engine's water pump?
Old    tommyadrian5            03-05-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
no, this is just a thru hull adaptor for my flushpro engine flush adaptor.

The flushpro installs inline to the engines water pump, between the tranny cooler and the raw water pump. There is a hose connection on the body of the flushpro that allows you to hook up a garden hose to it and feed your raw water pump with fresh water to flush the engine.

This adaptor installs on the hull of the boat, normally the transom, and a hose is run from the thru-hull adaptor to the flushpro adaptor, allowing you to flush the boat without bringing a hose into the boat, lifting the engine box and such. Just a convenience item

the flushpro is already in, i'm just putting in the thru hull adaptor now

oh and its a 99 MC Sportstar, pic in profile

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on March 05, 2004)
Old    g3revenge            03-05-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
the clear hose gets brittle over time and might suck flat if you come off idle any. raw water pumps can realy move some water.

is that a perko item? are you going to install it above the waterline?
Old    tommyadrian5            03-05-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
yea it will be above the waterline, don't want to risk a leak and want to be able to flush in water

i was thinking one of these places, i'll probably just use a garden hose

Old    tommyadrian5            03-05-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
yea it will be above the waterline, don't want to risk a leak and want to be able to flush in water

i was thinking one of these places, i'll probably just use a garden hose

Old    g3revenge            03-05-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
you might have to shorten the chain on the cap to keep it from whipping around while towing and/or boating.

i would cry to cut a hole in that boats transom. can you mount it anywhere else which would still be convenient yet hidden?
Old    tommyadrian5            03-06-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
I don't know of anywhere else to mount it, i guess I could put it on the side of the boat, but i think that would look retarded.
Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
How about in front of the windsheild on the deck, where no one ever is, so you don't have people hitting it? that's were i was thinking about putting mine. the make a flush fitting as well that would be recessed.
Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=13724
Old    tommyadrian5            03-08-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
where do you mean

here (under red dots, facing up?)

Old    tommyadrian5            03-08-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
that flush mount one looks huge
Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
it is a little large, and yes tom that's where i meant, but the flush mount wouldn't fit there, but the original might. if it was there, it wouldn't be in the way of passengers. you could put it aft of the rear tower leg, on teh side of the boat.

My biggest concern would be keeping it away from passengers and not messing up that pretty transom.
Old    tommyadrian5            03-08-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
I think i'd rather have it on the transom than the side of the boat though right?

i think it would look really weird on teh side of the boat
Old    hockeyruss            03-09-2004, 9:12 AM Reply   
I have a factory malibu one. I think it is hose clamped on the fitting, never checked. Mount it on the side whichever gives you a better straight shot to the flushpro. It is on your right side of transom.
Old    tommyadrian5            03-09-2004, 9:41 AM Reply   
Thanks, i didn't realize i could mount it, theoretically, so close to the lifting ring, figuring it would affect the fiberglass integrity. My flushpro is on the left side, but i'm a DD so either way it wouldn't make much difference, i'll probably end up putting it on the left (looking at the transom) side anyway because that is where the hose comes from the house.

also, what are those two shiny things on the bottom of the wedge
Old    oldschool            03-10-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
Off subject, but Russ I noticed you have a galvanzied boatmate trailer. I remember you mentioned you go into salt every now and then, or maybe brackish water. Have you had any problem with SERIOUS amounts of corrosion on the brakes? My rotors only lasted about 2 seasons. And trust me, I rinse that crap out of them. The only thing I can think is the salt did it's damage sitting in the marina parking lot :-( I'm bring buckets of water from now on to take care of that.