Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (blazer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-17-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
I was wondering if sea doo jet boats or any jet boats are good wakeboard boats and if they give a good wake , or if im better off getting a old ski boat and making it into a wakeboard boat? what do you suggest what boats would you reccomend? which jet boats are good, what old model boats should i look into?
thanks
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-17-2005, 5:50 PM Reply   
i got a sea doo jet boat and it SUCKSSSSSS !!!!

no wake and nop power and the debris goes always in your pump water system and your jammed on the water at 5mph speed till you take the boat out and go take those !!

never buy this for WAKEBOARDING !
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-18-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
Old ski boats can work out fairly well for wakeboarding if they are set up correctly. I board behind a '88 Malibu Skier with an extended pylon and two 500 lb. Fat Sacs and it throws a decent wake. For the money (think you can get one for around $8,000 in good condition) it would be much better than a jet boat. You can throw all of your base inverts and spins up to as fast as you can spin behind these boats. The only problem with them that I see is lack on interior space, but that is because I'm used to the new wakeboarding boats. Go with an old ski boat for sure if it's between that and a jet boat.
Old    walt            06-18-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Go with the old school boat.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-18-2005, 10:02 PM Reply   
Go with the old school! Look around....you can pick up anything for less than 10K. Unless it's all set up. I stole mine for 10k,(see profile) and added tower, racks and sounds. Not a 10k boat now. If you shop around you can get some killer deals, like old model speakers, racks.
Old     (notnathan)      Join Date: May 2005       06-19-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
Go old for sure. I have a 1988 ski nautique 2001. It was cheap and throws a pretty darn nice wake when weighted. It doesnt have all the bling like the new boats or much space but I am very happy with it.