Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    mia            06-15-2005, 5:12 AM Reply   
my boat cover has really shrunk to the point it doesnt fit...

has this happended to anybody else ?" is this normal ??? i spoke with my dealer and he said it was because wasnt put back on the boat "wet"..

i kinda find this hard to believe since it was a "upgraded" cover

any suggestions ???
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-15-2005, 6:11 AM Reply   
sounds like bull to me, any boat that cost what yours does should have a cover that fit, wet or dry??>?
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-15-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Sort of had a similar problem with my Sanger cover. It actually turned out to be 'operator error'. I was fastening the velcro openinigs around the tower stantions first which made it impossible to get the rear of the cover down over the rub rail. These covers fit like a condom. A good fit is all in the correct technique.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-15-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
What type of ‘upgraded cover’?

Not sure about having to put the cover on the boat when it’s wet…. Sounds like a brush off from the dealer to me… it may have shrunk up some the last time it was wet that then dried out… and if it was tight to begin with… now you notice a difference.

I am not sure about how much the cover would shrink from just drying in the sun… But I know Cliff was looking at getting his RANKIN cover altered because it seemed to be stretching… he was running out of room on the rear straps and unable to get the cover as tight as when it was new. After a recent visit to the laundry mat and some time in the dryer… it’s tight again. It tightened up at least a couple inches in length.

When you say it doesn’t fit…. How far off are you talking?

Try the dealer’s fix and get the cover wet with a hose and see if it stretches enough to put it on. Leave it on the boat until it dries. Good luck.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-15-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
Have you been watering and fertilizing your boat? Maybe when it was in for service it grew into a SV-211.

My cover was a bit tight after I used it at the Parker strip as a mooring cover. It got a little damp around the swimstep overnight. I took it off the next morning to ride, and as it dried it shrank a bit. The fix was to wet it down thouroughly, and re-fit on the boat. No problems since then.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
Everytime I don't put my cover back on the boat,it does shrink to the point that I think it may not fit but it is a very snug fit.It is normal IMO.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-16-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
My cover for my 01 x-star shrunk. It was that heavy duty wafflecone vinyl. I just replaced with new one made out of sunbrella. No shrink with this stuff.