Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-13-2005, 6:22 AM Reply   
Ive been having problems with my center bag not staying full. I think I have the problem narrowed down that there is something wrong with the intake hoses or something. I assume there is something in that line that allows water to flow in but should not allow water to flow out. What I am asking is if my assumptions are correct and what I need to replace. I think I have a band-aid for now by filling up the bag and closing the valve via the knobs on the rear of the boat.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old    bambamski            06-13-2005, 7:26 AM Reply   
Check to see if your ballast valve is cracked. I had that same problem a couple of years ago.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-13-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Are you sure theres not a popped seam or hole in the bag ? I have the boat with blue center bag. My bag had small tear in seam. Of course I was getting a lot of water in the bilge so it was hard not to notice. If its the blue bag there notorious for tears
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-13-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
Im sure its not the bag. I filled the bag with water and held it up to see if it leaked and it did not. I also filled up the bag while on the trailer, pulled the boat out, and I could see water pouring out the back where the ballast hoses are connected. I havent been able to check for a cracked valve, I was hoping to not have to take too much apart. The manual valve is working as I mentioned above as my band-aid. Pat, would that valve you mentioned be towards the front or rear of the boat in relation to the pump itself?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-13-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
I have an '00 X-Star and there is a one way valve located on the inside of the boat right where the ballast intake is. Sounds to me like that might be your problem.