Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    whitechocolate            06-09-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
Check out this new Monster sub from Cerwin-Vega,
I know nothing about it, just saw the wright up in the Road Gear mag. I would like to get my hands on one to do some testing,

http://www.cerwin-vega.com/products/mobileaudio/index.html

image/bmp
stroker.bmp (35.7 k)
Old    hyperryd            06-09-2005, 9:30 PM Reply   
Grant, I figured you would upgrade to the MTX Jackhammer. A pair of 22" subs would be perfect in your boat. The 640lbs of subs would be great ballast. LOL
http://mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/jackHammer.cfm
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
Your going to need a generator to power the amps for that thing.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-10-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Believe it or not...I looked at those and there is no way you can power that properly(talking about the Vegas)It is a overkill in every way.

MTX Jachhammer....Is that thing real??LOL
Old    whitechocolate            06-10-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Ed you can power it, With the onslaught of Super Woffers there is a new breed of High Powerd Amps,
3000, 4000, and 6000 watts, keepeing them supplyed with 12 volts is the challange, You can always link 2 smaller amps in series to add the power up, not they best way to do it IMO but it works.

ED: Some people would say adding 2000 LBS of water balast to your boat to enhance the wake is Overkill, I guess its all what your used to.
some people ride with little to no balast some people play music with little to no bass, I know I can ride with no balast but theres no rocking it with out no bass LOL
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-10-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
Well ,supplying them with 12 to 13 volt is kind of what I was talking about.I also thought of using 2 or 3 amps to push it but my final conclussion was that if I need 2 to 3 JL 1000/1 my better bet is to get more woofers to get er done.

Figured 3 JL 10" or 12" will be more effective then 1 cervin-vega.IMO especially if those 3 woofers are powered properly!

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on June 10, 2005)