Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (kitstocks)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-30-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Hey everyone

I was wondering how hard is it to put on a competition in Sacramento CA. I would like to see more competitions for wake surfing, wake skate and wakeboarding in our area.

Thanks
Kit Stock
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-30-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Go Kit! Put something together!!

How about a kinde of a wakesurf happening. Not a real organized event but just a fun get together where everyone rides and one boat can take runs with judges. I will sponsor $200.00 for 1st place

I think that a lot of people are looking for a fun get together and another excuse to party.
Old    surfdad            05-30-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
There are a number of issues associated with staging a contest. Not the least of which is the insurance. Venue location, securing permits, generating sponsorships, insurance for the event, spectator's, boats, participants, etc.

The EASIEST way to achieve all of that is by forming a club and having them provide the sanctioning of the event. The NWL is probably the most cost effective way to do that and by forming your own club, you are able to dictate the when, where and how components.

HOWEVER, you have to undergo their specific training for safety, etc. That means attending their courses based upon when they are available.
The AWSA will gladly share our rules and recommendations for staging an event, however, they are wakesurf specific.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to work with you Kit as all of us focus on expanding the sport.
Old     (kitstocks)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-30-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the feed back. Tom I will hold you to the $200 and Jeff let try and make this happen

Thanks
Kit
Old     (lnds143)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-30-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! That's a great idea Kit :-) We also need some wakesurf comps in SoCal, I'm wondering if Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club would be an option? Also would any people from up North be willing to make the trek?
Old    surfdad            05-30-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
We go to Minnesota for contests, so SoCal would be a cinch. :-) Also, if you need any help with the organization, my folks would be more than willing to assist. BTW, congrats on another win up at Villa Lagos.
Old     (kitstocks)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-30-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
If you make up to our events I would be more then happy to come down there.
Old     (lnds143)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-30-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Thanks Jeff :-) the tournament was a lot of fun, we all had a great time! I'll see if I can get a hold of the president of CLWC, and figure out some details. Thanks as always, and I'm looking forward to your next comp.
Old     (lnds143)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-30-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
Hey Kit! I'll see you there.