Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
Has anyone ever done it? I would like to be able to yell at jet skiers and tubers. "Hey, you on the Sea Doo - back off!"
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
This probably won't help but Infinity makes an amp that has a PA built right in...pretty nifty.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-16-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
I just put 2 PA speakers in my tower. One facing forward and one back. There hooked up to a PA amp that is under the dash. Then I just plug in the mic and start yelling at people. All I need to get is a wireless one. Its a blast in the cove. My buddies don't like it much becuase I am always yelling instructions at them when they are riding. I would take a pic but its pretty simple. PA speakers from radio shack mounted in the tower. And a PA amp. You could get a CB with PA but I wanted more power.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
yes we did it. There is a karaoke box powered by either a 12 volt adapter or a standard 12 volt radar detector cord. It has inputs for your rca's including video (which you wouldnt use) and outputs to the amplifier. The one we have was sold at radio shack and they were on clearance the last time i was in there. My buddy had it on his boat when he had his big (1200 watts i think) amp and it sounded way loud but when he swapped to the smaller (600 watts i think)amp it just wasnt anywhere near as loud. Im in the process of swapping out my amp and tower speakers so well see how loud it will be with my soundstream 800 and 4 6X9's when its all done. There are other versions out there but this was way cheaper then anything else i found when looking at all the karaoke sales sites. It has 2 inputs with seperate volume controls as well a an echo control.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-16-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
NVS offers a line driver/EQ that has an Aux input with control that is ideal for a microphone. I use it all the time.
The nice thing about this Aux "In" is that it is switched right on the front with a push button.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
Duane ~ How much???
I want one!!!

Old    erlingiii            06-16-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
I have one in my car behind the bumper it is so much fun to mess with people. You cna get a speaker for about $20, I got alil 20 watt amp at goodwill for $5 and my friend had a CB which we use to tlak through.
Old    swass            06-16-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
Mr. Microphone!
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
If you get a adapter to take a microphone jacket to rca plugs, would it work just to plug it in straight to the amplifier and be heard out the tower speakers?

Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-16-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
Hahahahhahah SWASS, I was just going to post the same thing.. "Hey good lookin, we will be back to pick you up later"
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2005, 5:19 AM Reply   
Jason, NO it needs an pre-amplifier for it to work plus i believe the impedence is different. Duane how much is what you are talking about and do you have a link, the box im talking about is around $20?
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
We hooked up a microphone to our tower speakers, quite easy actually.

What you need is a mixer.
Here is a suitable one on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23785&item=7330644 464&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

What you do is put the mixer between the stereo deck and the tower speaker amplifier. Now you can "mix" in the microphone. Note that the mixer needs to be powered up whenever you are using either the stereo or the microphone so you may want to provide a switch to bypass the mixer when it isn't needed.

Also note that it gets really, really annoying to have a microphone when your boat crew starts messing around with it......