Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-16-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
Hey guys ive got a 96 Prostar 205 direct drive and was wanting to know everyones weight/ballast set ups for their Prostar 205s, older x-stars (98-2003), and x-2s. I would love to see a few pics of the wake and interior of ya'lls boats too!
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Matt here is what I do in my '96 205 with less than 4 people in the boat. 2 600lb sacks in the back. A 550 in the walkway and two 275's in the bow, one under each seat.
If there are more people I tend to do the two 600s in the back and throw a 275 on top of them. Because people like sitting in the bow so I find I need more weight in the back to even it out.
You will probably find you almost always need to add more weight on the drivers side, atleast I do.

(Message edited by skibum69 on June 16, 2005)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'd like to see some peoples weighting for the V-drive boats. I'm just now trying to get my X-2 dialed. We've been riding in a '02 X-star for years and have always gone something like this: Facotory ballast (3 tank/sack), 2-300 lead in front, 50 on each side of the motor and a 500 sac in the walk through. The only time I really ride behind that boat is with 4-8 people on board and the wake is BIG.

I'm trying to get my boat dialed for the weekday runs with only 3 people. I was thinking I'd go 75 in the far back on each side of the motor. 500 against the back seat on the floor and 300 in the nose. Plus stock ballast of course....
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-16-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
I have a 205v so no stock ballast but I run 440 in the lockers and a 500 in the bow not huge but respectable.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-17-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
I removed the tiny stock plastic tanks from the rear of my 04 X2, and plumbed in one 800lb "Pro-X" series sac on each side of the motor. These sacs fill the ENTIRE storage compartment, from front to rear, and side to side. They leave just enough storage for two life vests and some towels on each side.

There's an extra Simer pump under the bow cushion with a pull out hose to fill the 600lb sac that fits in the bow walkway. We also use the stock locker sac.

With this setup, the wake is MASSIVE and steep at 23.7-24.2mph, as long as you've only got a driver, observer, and rider. With more than two people, a little weight needs to be removed.