Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    stillstandin            06-09-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
Went to Tracy Boat Sales today to pick something up...saw a 215, but it was a direct drive, with the same wrap around seating in the rear as Malibu's XTI. Spoke to the salesman, said it was the first one. It looked good, same hull as the V215, just in a Direct Drive.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
Interesting, very interesting.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-09-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
saw it there today too, looked good!
Old    donkey_punch            06-09-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Thats great another wooden POS boat
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-09-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
Thats just great, another dumbass ^^^
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-10-2005, 4:40 AM Reply   
I have heard that Sanger is doing a couple of new things for 06 also. Changing the tower, adding swivel racks etc. Anybody in the 'know' about this? When can we expect to see a list (or better yet photos) of the 06 lineup?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
How smart do you expect a Donkey to be? So I guess all those 100+ mph offshore racers that pound through 4 foot swells with wood stringers are POS too? Please, think before you type.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
WHAT!!!!? you mean my boat has wood in it?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-10-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
yes it does!

But they do say that Sanger uses a different type of NON-Rotting wood.

Sparky ~ Every application for a different boat are in different needs!
Old    wakestyle            06-10-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
Damn... what ever am I going to do with my POS V215 now...

Guess I'll just have to suffer with it.

Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-10-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
Generally speaking, wood dampens shock better that stiffer composites. That's the main reason offshore racers and Sanger uses it. I've researched this pretty well. And if it's wood it will rot eventualy if exposed to the elements unless it's encapsulated in water proof, two part material.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-10-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
You are right but even if it's encapsulated it will eventually rot.

you might be forgeting about the hardware that is going to be penetrating the encapsulation material.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Yes, any punctures will breach the encapsulation and allow elements in. But whether or not these breaches are under the water line or not makes a big difference. Most of these types of hardware "punctures" are in the bilge area and don't get exposed to alot of water. Still an issue tho, you're right.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
Had a 92 DXII before the 210 and never had a problem. My friend has a 89 DX and still no problems. Sanger makes a solid boat, they have only been doing it for 50 some what years.
Old    donkey_punch            06-10-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
Ok sparky gets my respect lol He realizes that wood is for canoes not for wakeboard boats
the word "encapsulation" was mde up by sanger to make you feel warm and fuzzy that your boat is never gonna rot. I have friends with v-210's and everyone has had rotting issues
The sanger's are ok boats for the money I have noticed they are creeping up in price slowly but surely. IMO wood is not the only issue
with sanger's. They are just a POS.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2005, 5:22 PM Reply   
Ya know, I guess people are tired of ripping Tige and now jumping on the Sanger bashing bandwagon. I have a Sanger, love it, and plan to sell it before rot even becomes an issue, which I doubt it will be (I'll be getting another Sanger BTW). I have yet to ever hear of a legitimate case of Sangers rotting other than "oh yeah, well I had a friend of a friend of a third cousin who...".

Find me a Sanger owner who will bash Sanger. That is the only opinion that really matters to me.

Shawn
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
Any boat wood or non-wood composite is bound to have problems 10 years down the road if you choose not to treat it with care. If you leave the cover off, let rain, snow and other debris sit in the boat... you are going to have problems...

I would put my money on a boat that is built with wood stringers and an anal retentive owner... than a non-wood boat with a donkey as an owner.

Jack a$$es tend to not take very good care of their possessions.

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2005, 11:40 PM Reply   
Hey Donkey... where is your ride? X-Star? SAN? BU? Supra? I wanna see your nice non-wood ride you own! I bet it is a nice one!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2005, 12:14 AM Reply   
it's funny how people make fun of sanger using wood stringers and they have absolutely no documented proof.

i'm curious to see this new sanger. i was at the delta a couple weeks ago (gonna be up there again next weekend), and that place is like sanger city. v215s everywhere!
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
i'm going to go over to semper speed and marine in fresno and if they have one there i'll try to take some pictures.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-11-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
I wish people would who think they know how a Sanger is constructed would find out how it is really constructed and learn about the materials Sanger uses and why they can guarantee it will not rot. But foam in fiberglass, now you tell me how you keep mildew out of that. Don't hate the player hate the game. A Sanger owners pocket book knows the value of the quality they ride in.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-11-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
Oh and if your looking to find a D215 in a showroom, you shouldn't be able to find it. The boat is not supposed to be released yet. There is a secret to why Tracy has it on the floor now. Bad Tracy Boat sales you cheat.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
found that out after heading over to semper this morning
Old    thegman            06-11-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
Its amazing to me how successful the boat manufacturers who have gone away from wood composite stringers have convinced the boat buying public that this is a good thing!

Do you know what wood composite was replaced with??? That's right you idiots...foam injection and/or air! And why you ask? To save $$$ in construction by using these as fillers and relying on the box construction alone.

Ever see what foam injection looks like when it gets wet? Retain a little moisture perhaps?!? I don't know...is it heavier?!?

Damn...boats have been using wood construction for thousands of years! Sanger's have a lifetime warrantee on hull construction. If your stringers get wet its because you have not taken the proper precautions. The chances of there being a problem are equal to any other manufacturing process'. So get over it...wood is a superior material, sheesh!
Old    thegman            06-11-2005, 9:27 PM Reply   
BTW...listen to Gary (sanger215guy)...he knows what he is talking about!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-12-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
The best part of the lack of knowledge to the others is that Sanger does not (thats right NOT) have to encapuslate there stringers. this is just a extra step taken by sanger to further the quality built into the boats. The composite wood that is used will not rot.
Old    stillstandin            06-12-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
I find it humerous, that the big 3, and other manufactures, cut corners, to save money..then point the finger at Sanger, who does not cut corners, and say "Ohhh look they still use wood." wood creates a quieter ride, and if done right, like sanger..will not have rotting issues..I have seen a MC with with a broken floor and stringers...and it was a 2001....hmmmmmmm
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       06-12-2005, 8:45 PM Reply   
Case and Point: Correct Craft ran a series of ads in the early 90s bashing other manufacturers for using glues to bond the deck and hull. Only to jump on the bandwagon with the current 211, over 30lbs of adhesive hold the deck down. I am not saying the methacralate (glue) doesnt work, just it is a cost savings over mechanical fasteners.
Oh...thegman hit the nail on the head with his comment about everybody elses stringers or lack there of. Foam sucks
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
I *love* when it gets choppy out and I can still hit 37-40MPH on the way back to the dock, passing all the MC's and 'Bu's that are plowing along, getting slammed.

/loves the Sanger
//plans on replacing it long before any problems arise
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-13-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Ditto on the superior ride aspect. Wood floats, Donkeys with lame opinions sink.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-13-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
I am hoping that all you Sanger owners are comming to show your pride to Hogan Reservoir on June 25th for the first Sanger Owners get-together. Any that don't make it, Sanger is going to have there event a Lake Merced near the end of August.
Old     (duramax_dually)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-13-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
Sanger Owner here,
Bottomline, this thread is really quite silly. however it definitely reveals a lot of ignorant people. My Dad always told me Son never open your mouth and remove all doubt"..Some seemed to have failed...HAHAHA

So the question really is, How long does anybody really keep their boats anyway? Sooner or later they all end up as someone's project to repair and fix. I have seen them all, SAN, MC, Sanger.
If you do the proper maintenance, protect them best you can from the elements, your boat should last you a life time. But I would like to say, that I am enjoying the $$$ I saved in buying the Sanger. Sanger boats are a GREAT boat that does not get a lot of Press as they have not bought their way to the top. All those Ad's you see on TV...Who do you think pays for them....it is the fine print you do not see when you buy your $80K deal....

Come on folks, it is just a boat to have fun in.

(Message edited by duramax_dually on June 13, 2005)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Looks like all the wood haters got scared off. Definitely makes for a really strong boat. Sangers are also a killer deal. I just sold my DLX and replaced it with an X2. I'm sure there'll be times I miss the Sanger. Probably when I'm getting beat up in the rough water with the flat bottom X2. I also really appreciate the fact that all the seats had hinges... Something that even the new MC's don't have.

All in all I can't stand people that speak without knowledge and make false statements. Sangers are killer boats, MC's are killer boats, CC's are killer boats and Bu's are killer boats. People buy what they buy for a reason. Who care's? Why would you bash someone for haveing a different opinion than you?
Old    sking55405            06-14-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Sangers are probably the best boat on the market. I live in illinois where sangers dont get much recognition. Mostly what i see is MC,BU,and CC. Iwould never bash sanger for anything. They throw a killer wake when there not loaded down with ballest. Plus they are a good deal with all there boats around 30K. You just dont find a better boat then sanger so there.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
I WANT TO SEE A PIC OF THE D215!!!
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
Pics/list of 06 changes!