Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    hyperryd            06-12-2005, 8:48 AM Reply   
Here are some pics of a friends system I just put in his Sanger 230. He wanted it kind of stealthy, so all of the amps are hidden behind the side gunnel with fans to cool them. The nice part is we didn't use any storage room in the boat. The drivers seat pod fit back in without losing any leg room. It isn't as large as some systems, but it sounds very clean and he is happy with it.

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-12-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
Very clean install, I hope Doug sees this He is the next in the crew to get his outfitted with a System. YOu have to love how much room is under the drivers dash for the subs.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
Wow, nice work John.
Old    hyperryd            06-12-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Darren, I figured you would like a nice Sanger.
Old    hyperryd            06-13-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Here are a couple of under construction pics.

Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
How did you attach the amps to the side wall without and drilling through the hull?
Old    whitechocolate            06-14-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey John: Nice Job, Have you ever had a problem with the subs facing each other. When ever I have done a system with subs facing each other or a subs sound wave colide with each other like you have in the drivers side sub box it dosent work out so well. In fact one sub will cancel out the other sub. I wouldnt have believed it if you told me. But seeing and hearing is believing. The sound wave from one sub will shut down the other sub. In Harolds SAN the box that we installed behind his drivers seet shooting 2 W-7's into the seeating aera would shut down the 1 W-7 sub sitting in the passenger seet. The problem was all the amp's were tuned exactley the same. The sub boxes were all the same air space so the sound wave's would collide and the stronger sound wave from the box with 2 subs would shut down or cancel the box with 1 sub. The only fix was to tune the box with one sub to a diffrent freq, slightley lower or higher, It was like the subs were fighting each other. With his new and current set up that problem has been fixed with all the subs fireing in the same direction, all 4 bass amos were tuned to the exact freq and its hitting hard, no problem's I decided I would never do a system with subs that faced or fought each other again, just wondering if you have had the same problem??
Old    hyperryd            06-14-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
Grant- That is really odd. I wouldn't think that unless you have one of the speakers out of phase, they would cancel each other out. In a sealed bandpass the woofers all fire together, in most cases at each other without any problems.
In this boat the speakers fire at almost a 45 degree angle of eachother and the bass is felt just about everywhere. It really suprised me how well two 10's would rock out in an open environment.
My old boat had two 15"'s in the closed bow and it rocked hard, but if you sat down in the back seat you heard no bass whatsoever. There was just a dead spot. I tried changing boxes, woofer and frequencies, but nothing really worked. The bass wave was just going over and under the seating area. That was why on my new boat I used one 15 and two 12's firing diferent directions to not have a dead spot anywhere on the boat. It just shows how much work it is to make boats rock properly.
Old    whitechocolate            06-14-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
I bet it has alot to do with how much SPL is coming from the speakers, I bet the sound wave comming from 2 W-7's pushing over 1600 watts each is going to have a lot more effect than lets say 200 watts from a 10 so it might not be a issue. It just might be one of thoes problems you encounter when your doing a big system, But I have heard of other people with smaller systems having the same problem's
Infact I know they make signal processers that can delay the signal by a millisecond to a sertan amp so that that the sound waves do hit at the sam time, I just have had no experiance with them. IMO its hard enought to design install a system the last thing i want to deal with is somthing like what Im talking about at the end of a install.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Very nicely done. An extremely clean install.
Old    bigdtx            06-14-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
I read somewhere that if you wire one of the subs out of phase it will fix the cancelling problem when they are facing each other...