Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-30-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
Driver side flood gate door is only coming down halfway. I checked the rubber rail the door rides up and down on and everything seems to be clear, at least it feels the same as the other door. I lubed the door with silicone spray to no avail. Any one with the Pure Vert system encounter this? How'd you fix it? Suggestions, advice greatly appreciated. Phaeton, Dan, Joe????
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
Open the back panel in the locker to expose the gate actuator. Push down on the gear drive at the same time someone pushes the button to activate the gates. The actuator motor can go bad. Contact Calabria and they will get you going.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-30-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
Thanks sydwayz I took the panel off and I'm gonna have somebody hit the switch so I can at least close the gate. That way I can still use the boat while waiting on a new motor. I'm gonna test the motor once it's free of the gate. Also talked to Phaeton about it earlier. Thanks for the tips guys!!
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Your welcome John. And what...do you have Travis on speed dial? j/k. Besides, we need to take care of "la Calabria familia" (a.k.a - "the family")
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-30-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
Pretty funny dude but no we talked about some other issues I had with the boat. But it seems like ppl come outta the woodwork when you have issues with your ride. That's bitchin! By the way I went back to workin on the gate valve motor and when I jumped in the trunk it was running. Nothing was happening but the motor was buzzing. Almost like it was trying to open or close but wasn't catching the gear to initiate the action. Anyway I got it out after 1/2 hour of cussing because I dont have the specialty tools to do this sh*t. I got it out ghetto tech style! Smells burnt inside. Looks like I'm gonna have to email FMC for the part. The dealership up north in Kirkland treats you like you're an idiot.
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-30-2005, 11:44 PM Reply   
John you could try Calabria direct too. If I remember right there was some issues with '02-'03 gate motors. I'm not sure if FMC will have it in stock or not. I'll try to check with them. Ya...Trav is a good guy, the Calabria Guru.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
I e-mailed Calabria and they responded the same day. Awesome! They sure are proud of them motors. Little black box $104+ shipping. They're also going to send me pricing info on making each side isolated by adding a switch.
Travis seems like a pretty good dude.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-01-2005, 6:10 AM Reply   
Wow didn't figure those motors were so expensive. I think I will go hit the valves with another shot of silicone spray for good luck. Adding the second switch is easy and a must.

Thanks for the comments.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-02-2005, 5:09 AM Reply   
Yeah that doesn't include the actual gate valve assembly. Just the little black box that clamps to it.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-02-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
you can actually get the actuator valve direct from the manufacturer for like $70 (i had to replace my port side motor)...i think the company is barker mfg. pull your old one out, get the part number and give them a call...
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-02-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
I almost did that but wasn't sure if Calabria had a private contract with them. Yeah it is Barker Mfg. Thanks I'll give that a shot! I was just gettin ready to order it too. Which is the part #? On the box is a listing # and a serial #.
I'll just give them both....Thanks
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-04-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
Looks like Calabria misquoted the gate valve price. It's only bout $55 for the motor. Total cost to run a new switch and get a new gate valve motor is $104.
Old    91nautique            06-12-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
I dont know how many problems you guys are having with the factory supplied valves,this may be an option

http://www.phasefourindustries.com/dm3.html