Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-27-2007, 11:17 PM Reply   
Let's all get together. I know it is a crowded weekend full of tubers, but that does not mean that we can't get together and have a good time. Who's going....what day, etc? Maybe a tie-up in the Kimball Arm! Who's in?
Old    alanp            08-27-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
bring your boats over to the colorado river in yuma. now thats a good time!!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-28-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
Looks like I won't be able to make it... But I'll be home about a month after that.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-28-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
San V? I thought that place was closed. So are you parking your boat out there on Friday night to wait in line for Monday?

Monday will be a day of RnR. After a long day on Sunday of VIP treatment at Fontana in the infield and pits. I may go up north and ride on Saturday at Canyon with some friends. But drink a beer for me. And watchout for drunkards in Ultras.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-28-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Alan,

I do want to make it out there again sometime. Hell of a lot less people.

Blake,

You said that the last several times I invited you out. Tired of that excuse. Better come up with a better one. Miss ya dude. Get back here SOON! Gonna steal your girl again and get her out of the house!

Glen,

Ha! You know it is open. You are just preparing yourself mentally for next summer. What the hell are we going to do then? Lately only a couple boats in line overnight, but Sat and Sun have been to capacity. Ha! Ultras, and runabouts. Know what you mean. Have fun in Fontana, and yes, I will have a cold one for you! Sure you want just one?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-30-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
bump!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-30-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
My guess is the San V crowd are not regular wakeworlders, I can't tell you how many times people have asked me "whats wakeworld?" when they have seen a sticker on my boat or board. It's probably better that way anyway. You may find some people over at tubeworld.com to join you
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-30-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
Ha! Not a chance. More than enough tubers for my taste. My plan is to get in line Sat nite, watch a movie with a few cold ones, get a good beach in the AM, probably right next to the rocks we have been jumping off lately in the Kimball Arm, maybe get in a SHORT boarding session, some surfing throughout the day, take the kids on a wakeboard pull in the 10 mph area. After the wallies start tearing up the place, probably float, crank some tunes, jump the rocks, have a few wheat/barley drinks, and just stay cool. Been about 100 here lately. Even with the crowds, still better to be in the water, even if we are not riding. Come find us and hang out if you like!

Everyone have a safe holiday weekend!

Buzz
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-31-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
We might see ya sunday Buzz!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-31-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
Cool Kevin. It's been a long time dude!