Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    jiving            01-12-2004, 12:19 AM Reply   
Anyone know what the riding is like in Eustis?
Old    bigdaddy            01-12-2004, 3:39 AM Reply   
I have ridden on the Harris chain, but not for a year or so. Lake Eustis is the next lake over from Harris. The chain of lakes is not too crowded, however the water quality is poor. It has improved a little since Florida's drought ended last year and a lot of fresh rainwater poured in. There's also a large alligator population on that chain, so avoid the grassy areas. The Clermont chain is only 30 minutes or so south of Harris...you might want to check that out.

Brian
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-12-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
There are a few other lakes out that way, other than the big chains, that would be more suitable for riding.
One, I've heard of, is Crooked Lake.
Old    jiving            01-12-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
I'll be in northern Orlando the end of January looking for an area to relocate to. I'm looking for a house on a lake in a nice neighborhood. Any suggestions to look at would be greatly appreciated!
Old    bigdaddy            01-13-2004, 12:35 AM Reply   
Josh,
You might want to try Clermont, which is west of Orlando. It deponds on your commute, I guess. Lots of rolling hills and clean lakes....the real estate is a bit pricey, but a hell of an investment. We moved here 5 years ago and our house has almost doubled in value.
North of us is a nice little town called Mt. Dora, very pictureque and set on a lake. It connects to the Harris chain.
There's lots of lakes to choose from, if I can help you in any way let me know. Good luck with your search....I think you'll like it down here. Check out this link to the Lake County website (both Eustis and Clermont are in Lake County) see if anything interests you.

http://www.lakecountyfl.com/main.html

Brian
Old    jiving            01-13-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
Brian,
Thanks for the info. that is exactly what I was looking for.
Old    bigdaddy            01-14-2004, 2:27 AM Reply   
Josh,
Keep me posted on your search, and let me know where you end up. If you want a tour of Clermont when you get in, then give me a shout.

Brian