Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    lucky            01-27-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
I'm stoked in about 45 days my wife and I will live on water. We just had our offer accepted. The dock that is out back has a nice lift, but no cover, and no way to walk around the boat to put a cover on it. Does anyone know about how much a roof and catwalk will cost. I know there will be a large range based on location, but I have really no idea. Thak you for an idea...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-27-2005, 8:31 AM Reply   
5-10K, unless you do it yourself.
Old    lucky            01-27-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
Thank you, If anyone has pictures of your dock and lift I would love to see them.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-27-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Most of the time we don't use canopies over the boat, but use the cover. Birds. We simply mount 2X14s on brackets so we can walk around the boat and put on the cover in the dry.
Old    sean123            01-27-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
Greg..

Take a look at my profile pic..

I can take some more detailed pics if you like..

Sean
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-27-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
Sean... I don't like you. This is me being really envious.
Old    lucky            01-27-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
Sean that is really nice, I don't know if I can build something that big but that is ideal.
Old    sean123            01-27-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Thanks Evan I appreciate that..

Greg.. If you want some detailed pics, My boat isnt on the lift right now its in my garage about 15 feet from the dock. I would be happy to take the pics while its off the lift and send them to ya. Just let me know..

Sean
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-27-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
Hey Bouse,

Who owns that VLX next to your dock???
Old    sean123            01-27-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
Used to be Chris, from waterski america, they used it to pull the PL Tournament 2 years ago. Dunno who owns it now.
Old    lucky            01-27-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
Sean, I appreciate it. I think I will use the same design that my parents have on their lake house. It fits my boat perfectly. But, If anyone has pictures readily available I appreciate different options.

I'm so excited to be able to come home from work and jump in the boat. Half mile boat ride to good water and a 3 mile drive to the beach. I love it when a plan comes together....
Old    tammygirl            01-27-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
My husband and I own that boat now...

I'm glad you asked because I was thinking, "WOW! A boat with the same exact accesories?! What a coincidence!"
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       01-27-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
Sean, did you buy that lot from Tim Abbey?
Old    sean123            01-27-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Yep I sure did..... Bought it 2 1/2 years ago, re-did the dock, and built my house on it...Wow, what a funny coincidence!!!! Small world huh?

Tammy... Weird seeing your boat before it was yours? :-)
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       01-27-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
Yeah, small world. Check my proflie pic, Tim is one of my riding buddies and we were all sad to see him sell the lot. He had it for a couple of years and I loved riding up there. I was up there for one of the tournaments last year, and I must say your house looks great!
Old    sean123            01-27-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Thats cool.... Thanks for the compliment on the house I appreciate it.. Feel free to drop me and email and come ride w/us. Does Tim still ride? I know he sold his Malibu before I bought the lot, and wasnt sure if he was still riding.

Sean
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       01-27-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, he still rides. Not nearly as much though. Our other riding buddy has a house at Cedar Creek, so that's where we go, and it's not nearly as easy to get out there to ride as it was to drive up to Princeton. Tim's wife bought him a whole new setup for his b-day last year though, and he's committed to riding more this year. Last year he seemed to have a lot of hunting trips or fantasy football golf tournaments to go to instead of riding, and we made sure to give him a lot of grief over it..

Thanks for the offer to ride! We'll certainly take you up on that soon. I'm really looking forward to riding this year, I can't wait for spring!
Old    sean123            01-28-2005, 5:10 AM Reply   
Well thats cool.. I am glad Tim is still riding. I know he enjoyed it and was sad to sell the lot. You guys are always welcome to come out.. Just keep my email addy and let me know... Water out there right now is in the low 50's, and I will put my boat back on the lift at the end of Feb.

Sean
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-28-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
Greg, did you sell your 2001? I know a guy who is looking for one.

Anyways, in the Orlando area just the boathouse portion (10'X 25' shingled roof) was around $6-$7K with equipment about a year ago. With your walkway you're probably looking at around $8K total depending on the square footage of your walkway.

You'll definitely want an aluminum cradle, especially being near brackish water - those are around $2,000.00 alone.

You'll also want to make sure you can put your boat in with tower up. The standard height from deck to the roof line is 7ft. I added an extra foot.

For the lift you can do either a double motor system or have a single motor on one side and pulleys for the cables on the other side depending on how much weight you want to be able to lift. If you want to be able to leave weight in the boat, then you may want a double motor system and might want to add an extra 6x6 on each side. The standard is 8 6x6's (4 each side) for a 10' X 25' boathouse. Just make sure your builder knows what up regarding how to build for a wake boat with tower and how much weight you'll be lifting.
Old    lucky            01-31-2005, 5:17 AM Reply   
David,

Thanks for the advice and information. I'm excited to close so that I can get to work.

I sold the 2001 Last Febuary and was lucky to make a new friend doing it. It's fun to still go out on our old boat.