Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-03-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
theres a pair of these at the local shop for 150 bucks, yay or nay?

I tried them on theyre comfy as hell, and they can be heat molded correct? Any thoughts form people who have/have had them
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-03-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
I have them and they are very comfy, I get heal lift with them though so I where socks and use them when I wear my drysuit. I think without the heal lift they would be great. To mold them I sat in my hot tub with them for about 15 minutes. I paid the same last year at wakeside.com. Demo if you can.
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-03-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
so to heat mold them al you need to do is sit in hot water for like 15-20 minutes with them on?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-03-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
if they're at your local shop they should probably have the heater to mold them..
Old     (skelley19)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-03-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
I have never used them but I almost bought a pair of 07 Scouts last year. After reading a lot of reviews I decided to go with Watson CTs (which I love BTW) instead because I kept hearing about the heel lift problem and a few durability issues with the Scouts. $150 seems like a good deal I don't think it's anything too crazy. I think it's always better to support your local shop if you can but if you look online I bet you can find quite a few other 07 or 08 models for about the same price. Good luck with your decision.
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-04-2009, 3:56 AM Reply   
Thats what I heard you can do with them Kiley. Our shops are limited here so I just tried to mold them myself. Will the shop let you demo?
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-06-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
yeh def a good buy...im currently selling my pair...email if your interested...k2rider2690@yahoo.com