Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    superstor            12-14-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
I just recently heard that Session boats has gone out of business. Has anyone else heard about this or do you know if they started something new?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-14-2006, 7:30 AM Reply   
didnt regal own and build sessions?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-14-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
Regal owned session.
Their website is still up at sessionboats.com
Old     (fluffnstuff24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-14-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Session Boats is still and will continue to manufacture boats. Regal built the Session line a few years ago, they do not own Session Boats. Stay tuned to the website for new pictures of the 2007 22 Si.
Old    superstor            12-14-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
I was in the area and noticed they disappeared from their manufacturing plant. Maybe they are being built somewhere else now?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Taiwan?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
So you assumed they were out of business or did you really hear something? You know what happens when you assume.

Can't wait to see the new fluffin stizzuff!

Raise = new boat baby
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
They sell very few boats, haven't supported their dealers (only what I have heard through rumors), done little to promote the product, and still lack a west coast dealer (missing out on one of the best markets here in the Delta). Given everything, it wouldn't appear good. It is nice to hear about the new si, but what about the promised 20 footer? That'd be a sick boat.

Really sad, the 22si/xi hull is the most underrated boats out there and probably one the five best wakes on the market. They are well built, and it's probably the best driving/handling 22 footer on the market. Even given the question marks about the longevity of Session, I'd buy another. Hopefully, my injury will heal a little more, and I can provide some of those rides I promised to a lot of the delta guys.

I kinda like having one of the only one that'd see on the delta.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-15-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
DID CAPS GO OUT OF STYLE?
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-16-2006, 12:12 AM Reply   
NO
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-16-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
Jeff,

Do sessions boats all come with the TV in them? I know when sessions first came out that was something that they were proud of. Is it still something that is an option on their boat?
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-16-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
The TV thing was on the XI, which is the one with funky seats in the back. IMO the XI tried to make a new market, with the seating and TV. Frankly, it was a bad design that turned people on the brand. The SI is a much better setup, and very functional.

Session needs to do a better job in PR, and get the word out that they make a boat that has normal seating. The SI even scares people, because of the the walkthrough transom. I was turned off by the walkthrough, but now that I have the walkthrough, I'd never want a boat without one.

Like I said in my last post, I've been waiting for the 20 footer. I've heard nothing in a long time. If the the 20 had traditional vdrive seating, no walkthrough, and if it's based on the same hull as the 22, it will be sick.

If Session did that, I'd even consider trying to set up a dealership here on the delta (still looking for my next career). I really believe in the hull design, and the build of the boat, they just need a smaller model, and to get the word out on the awesome abilities of their hull design.