Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-18-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
I must say as alwyas a great show. Here's my take on some things. Wondering what others thought from shows as well.

Just glad to see Centurion finally has a prime time dealership with them this year. Just ashame its 2hrs from Chicago. I would have to give them the biggest props from 07-08. Seems like they stepped it up the most company wise. Boats are absolutely great looking and constructed with the most attention to the little things in a while. That new Falcon V seems like is is going to be a huge contender. WE absolutely loved the whole boat. Only thing we didn't like was the width of the fiberglass behind the sunpad. Seems like it could get super slick if you weren't paying attention. Just a bit to wide if you ask me. But the seats were a nice distance from the floor giving you a very very deep feeling. WAs really great inside. New gauges were also a nice feature. Didn't like the way the dealer had them priced out. Keep in mind they are a first year dealer. But believe it or not thay had a decent equipped (essentials only)Falcon V priced at 63k and an Avy at 93k. Now I know that isn't what they re going for, but nonetheless I think that would scare most people away seeing that. They were going 40ish., but again that 61k for that boat might not get you the return customer who maybe isn't ready to buy now. GReat boat if you ask me from what I could tell. MAy see me leaning back towards my 5th Centurion, but we will see how the dealership pans out first. Also haven't been able to test ride or drive it yet, but on what I could see was contender for sure.

Supra/Moomba again offering so much for the $$. If I could go for a brand new towboat today Supra would win hands down. Boats and wakes are solid as heck. Love the fact you can upgrade the ballast and stil have it all plumbed off the factory and hidden in the same spaces losing almost zero storage. Like the new walk through feature as well to save you upholstery. Ride and comfort of their huge deep cockpits is next to none.

And MC, BU and Nauty. ALways nice to see the bling and boats I could never afford for about another 5-8yrs when they are used, but they are sicker than ever. Especially love the simple plain MC 08 X graphics. But I must say after spending some time in a VTX with my family of 4 were were very surprised by that boat. Don't think I would ever own a Bu, but still liked it alot. Their wake shape just insn't for me. Not that I would turn one down if I ever got one handed to me, but just prefer a different style. Boats are still sick. Nauty just seems to be stuck on trying to et going again. Just my opinion. Would think they would have some more to offer these days, but just seems like the attention to detail has subsided just a tad from their 03-04-05 boats.

Well just felt like sharing. Getting the bug again after my season last year was cut short by the terrible triad (acl/mcl/meniscus) off the d-up in July. Also now getting my off season projects rolling. Woohooo summer couldn't be here fast enough
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
great show again. i am totally digging the supra worlds edition!! got to hang out with some peeps for a while and spend some money at ultimate wake. no boat for me this year, maybe when the new 21v comes out next year!!!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-18-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
nice review swatguy. love the commentary. i agree with you on all your points but i have a bu. companies pushing the envelope and companies making resonably priced boats. I know i won't be getting a boat for many many years but just seeing the new tech is great. cant wait to see everything tomorrow!!!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-19-2008, 5:45 AM Reply   
swatguy- Good review. I will be at the milwaukee show today. If you want to try a malibu wake I am pretty sure you'd like drop me a line this spring. We can get you out on Brooke's VLX. The wake is amazing on that thing. I think you are moving up to WI if I remember right, we are out in Oconomowoc.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-19-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
Not 100% on the move just yet. Still awaiting some important details. Though if those go through as discussed with them we are leaning towards Edgerton right off the Rock River a close secomd is Mt. Horeb. Only time will tell.....should know by Feb 5th on the job and whether it's mine or not
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       01-21-2008, 4:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reviews Swatguy. I was at the show too, and thought it was great. All the manufacturers are making some great models. I was really impressed by the Mastercraft booth. Also want to second you thoughts on Centurion. I thought the boats looked great. Here's a couple pics. of them...
Falcon v
Enzo 240
Avalanche C4 (love the new Ovation gel-coat!)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-21-2008, 5:00 AM Reply   
I personally think that there aren't enough towboat options in the Chicagoland area. No Tige, no MB, no Calabria, no Sanger, and really no CC.
If I know the guys at the Centurian store, they will be competitive, and the customer service will be top notch. I agree that MSRP is really high, but that's not selling price.
Supra/Moomba seems to be a great value. I have a friend that has a 24 SSV. Nice boats really.

Malibu's display was not as nice as previous years. It seems like it was pulled back. Nice looking boats. I didn't like the trailer under the VLX, with the 1980's rims and white letter tires though.
Mastercraft hands down, the nicest display, as usual. After talking with the guys at Chicago Mastercraft, it looks like I will be spending a lot of time in an X-Star this year. We will make a decision on whether or not to buy after we spend some quality time in the boat. Thank you Mark for your support. You know what I mean.

All in all decent show, but I would like to seem more inboards. It would be nice to be able to compare all of the different boats in one spot. I don't like the numbers game though of showing MSRP, and then the boat show special. Just show the actual price.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-21-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
Hey Shawn,

I'll have a 2008 Tomcat out at the Midwest Militia Events this year and will be giving pulls and demos FYI if you want to come check out an MB.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-21-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
Shawn,

Couldn't agree more. It's pretty much Malibu, MC and Supra/Moomba. 3 dealerships so they pretty much run a monopoly as you already know. I too would love to see all the wakeboats in one section. Think that would generate a better competition at the show and be much better for the consumer.

Onlyinboards look forward to seeing you at the events. Were you ever at the past ones? if so what were you rollin? I was always in a current year Centurion til this past year. Now with the X-star
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-21-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the offer. I have a private lake that we are looking to do a demo days on. Maybe a boat shootout would be cool. I have some experience with MB, as a friend of mine used to sell them. They seem nice, but I've never ridden behind one.

It seems to me that in a market the size of Chicago, there would be more dealers. There used to be a Sanger dealer in Morris, and a Tige dealer near the chain, but not anymore. Maybe some of the larger dealers will get it, and instead of putting a tower on an outboard center console, they will just pick up an inboard line.

It would help to have more inboard service centers too. Right now, the nearest service center would be Riverview Marine in Ottawa.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-21-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
Nope, this will be my first year going and i'm looking forward to it. Is it Spring yet???
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-21-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Is the MSRP on the Avy true? $93k is just crazy even if loaded with every option, although I love the color scheme.
My parents were just at Cleveland and said the Avy they sat in was $56k. It wasn't loaded and that was probably boat show price, but still...
Many people will get sticker shock and keep walking. I'd rather have a flat price than haggle for maybe over 20 grand.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
I heard the sticker on that Enzo 240 was 109K. But the boat show special was in the 70's. WTF.

MC's display was nice as always, and the CC's looked good. Didn't pay much attention to the Malibu's, but did eye some of the pricing. Just crazy. Most every customer that came to our booth (Supra/Moomba) commented on how the pricing on some of the other wakeboats is getting rediculous.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-21-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
.......I remember years ago when regal came out with the session with the tv and all...........msrp was 99,000.........they sold for 40,000 each an auction.

Right now doge rams in canada msrp 42000 are selling for 28000 and change in toronto.

...yes msrp is meaningless.........its just there to make you feel better about getting ripped off at the selling price!!!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-21-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Joe B.
Yup was 93 K for that Avy pictured above. I know that is NOT near what it would have been sold for. Same goes for the 63k "entry level" Falcon V. But I have been a long time owner/suporter of Centurions and involved in the industry for some time. For those who were just checking them out for the first time or those thinking about coming over from an I/O....... Those stickers would have sent them walking immediately. Especially with no mention of the actual "show price anywhere on the Boat or price list the had attached to it.

NAW
Always a pleasure. Hope you had a good show. Look forward to seeing the new ride. You always have the pimp setup and order the boats the way I would order one color wise. JUst wish you would hold on to em for 2 yrs instead of 1 HEHEHEHE:-)
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Swat-For sure, glad to see the whole fam, Alecia and the girls are looking fantastic! I'm ready for riding...and I'll hang on to this one for more than a year...when you're ready, it will be ready for you! Cya
Old     (aaronwhitt82)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-21-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Shawn B. - Riverview Marine is in Spring Valley. Starved Rock Marina is the closest to Ottawa - Just West. The new Marina in Ottawa (Heritage Harbor) won't be open until this Summer some time as far as Sales Dept. goes. Not sure about the Service Dept. They are owned by Riverview/Chicago Mastercraft.

I went up and checked out the show yesterday. Like most of you guys are saying the sticker prices are getting pretty crazy. I wish I could afford some of them, but not until I can find a job that I'd be making 80K a year at.....
I spent a good amount of time at the Supra/Moomba booth. Can't go wrong with the prices there as I already own an Outback DD.
Looking to upgrade to the Mobius LSV. For around $45K with some added options you can't beat it. Thanks to all the guys at Lauderdale Lakes/ Ultimate Wake for all their help. Hopefully sometime this Summer I'll be picking up a new Boat.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-22-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
Swat...when were you @ the show? I was there for a few hours on Sat afternoon....

BTW that $93,000 Avey & $109,000 Enzo had over $25,000 worth of options on them.....