Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-16-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Yep, we know opinions are like ... well you know but I am going to ask anyway.

At the boat show, I put a deposit down on an 08 Supra 22SSV Worlds Edition. I currently have an 05 Supra 24SSV weighted with about 3k lbs.

Objective: A smaller boat that burns a little less gas, requires a little less weight and handles a little better. Wake wise, I like the 24SSV however I am looking for similar but possibly a little steeper and cleaner. I am told and have dug up some older posts that these should be achieved with a 22SSV.

Before I commit, I am going to test drive and test ride (even though it will be colder than a witches ***). However, it wouldn't hurt to hear from you to the following:

1) How do people weight it? I hear 50/50 in general with the 1100 GG bag in front and 600s in rear (I have 750s for the rear from the 24SSV which I figure I could use if I don't fill completely and have about 300 in lead).

2) What are the general characteristics of the wake? Steep/mellow, etc. What speeds are people riding and at what length. (I was riding 70/75 at 22.5/23.5 on the 24). I want it to be clean. It would be nice to know if it cleans up at slower speeds with no weight for beginners (the 24SSV really never cleaned up until in the 21 range).

3) How do people like the boat in general?

We like the idea of the 5 year warranty they now offer as well as the much thicker carpet and vinyl compared to my 05. Night and day diff.

Like I said, I am going to judge for myself, however insight from others that have one or have ridden one are always helpful.

Thanks!