Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-17-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
What exactly is the complaint about the towers on these boats? Is it the side-to-side movement of the tower? I had an '05 X-2, and sure, it had a little side-to-side shake, but you never felt it behind the boat, the pull from the back was a solid as a rock. Any input from people that have actually ridden behind these X-Stars? Thanks a lot for any info!
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-17-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
I never had any issues with our 06 xstar it was very solid. However our 07 x2 was as wobble as you could imagine. For 08 they added two braces on the side and it is literally rock solid.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-17-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
The X-stars never got the braces due to the 3" tubing. I rode behind Travis Moye's X-star with 4 tower speakers and nothing...Hell Shaun Murray would even pull HUGE raley's behind it and I would never hear the tower make a noise!

I guess it's over rated.. boats flex a bit, towers due to.. if there was no flex.. everything would break.

Did you know a 30 story high rise moves over 6 feet at the top? If it didn't the building would brake!
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-17-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
Mastercraft is coming out with tower braces for the X Star and the X-80.