Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
Whats the good/bad on this boat. There is one for sale local for a decent price for a 2000 Prostar 195, Open Bow and Zero Flex tower. Has 310HP engine.

Does it throw a good wake or is it more of a crossover ski/wakeboard type?

Would something like a SN 2001 throw a better wake?
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
X5 is a crossover as you would say. SN 2001 has a great wake however the X5 can have a good wake for boarding. Two totally different boat though.
For me it would be the condition and price of boat.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
The 195 more of a ski boat. It's a 190 with an open bow. The 2001 would be a better wakeboard boat.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
Good to know. I like the fact that the 195 is open bow, and and newer, but all I really care about is a nice wake for boarding.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-24-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
I hate to compare any boat to the 2001 SN. It is such a different wake than anything out there, and as they say you either love it or hate it because of the vert it has. Anyhow I own a 190 Sportstar O/B which is the same hull as the 195. I've been able to make progress with this boat from wake to wake to grabs, 180's, and backrolls. We just started surfing behind it this year. While it isn't a surf boat it is doable with the right weight. This is with about 2000 lbs of ballast. Sorry I don't have a better picture of the wake for size comparison and I have no idea why the toeside wake is washed out in these pics.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-24-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
BTW, another thing to consider on any newer boat is the EFI, steering response and throttle response. I am not for sure what area you are from but sometimes carburetors can be a pain due to several different factors.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-24-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
EFI would def be a plus, but right now we don't have too many problems with our carbed mercruiser. Its a little tricky to start sometimes if I don't give it enough gas/choke but after that its fine.