Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
Ok, I just couldn't let this go, so I had to do some crawling and check things out! On the prop it is stamped O 14 Cup & ST VE (on the flat of the prop towards the locking nut). On the flat of the prop towards the motor is stamped S twice. On the body of the prop is stamped Johnson then LL. Can these tell me what the he@% is on my boat? I just got my '88 MC ProStar last summer(mid season)and am still trying to find out some specs and some recommended changes to improve it. It is DD and has the powerslot. Great hole shot and good top speed,but if I'm at slower speeds (wakeboarding),i have to overspeed then back off to plane out. Thanks for any help or info.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
"i have to overspeed then back off to plane out."

Not sure what you mean by that??
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-03-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
You have one of 2 props. A 13 x 13 which is standard on that hull. Or a 14 x 18 which is on a POWERSLOT. The way you can tell if you have a POWERSLOT tranmission is this. If there as a LARGE bulb about 10 inches in diameter touching the floor board behind the motor you have a POWERSLOT. There should be a BRASS ID marker on the side of the tranmission that says 1:1 or 1:5-1:0. A 1:1 is a standard transmission (1 revolution of the motor to 1 rotation of the prop. 13x 13) A POWERSLOT is 1:5 revolutions of the motor to 1:0 of the prop 14 x 18 prop) Sounds like a POWERSLOT with the 14 exposed. A good alternative is to change to a 4 blade 14 x 18. Many other questions can be answered at www.tmcowners.com The MasterCraft WEBSITE. Hope this helps !!!

(Message edited by swab791 on February 03, 2007)
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
Kevin, what I mean is that I have to throttle past about 20-25 MPH to get the nose down, then I can throttle back and cruise on a level plain. Friends boats that I have driven prior to buying my own, I don't remember this being the case. My thoughts were that maybe a different prop, different plaining speed (maybe not?).
TK, I have already confirmed from the tag and the hull design as well, that it IS a powerslot. I have been told that the 13 x 13 is for the 1 to 1 trans. I also had a friend look at my prop and say that it was a 13 x 13 prop (I don't know if he knew the diff. or not). In your opinion, what makes it sound like a 14 exposed(what is a 14 exposed)? I'm trying to see if the stamps tell us anything, and if I need to get a different prop that more fits my needs. I am a member of TMCOwners, and I have put out the same question on that site.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
I am thinking your speedo are wrong or partially plugged. I would test them with a GPS.

You don’t have a 13X13 if you have a power slot.
Back in 88 you had the engine then a transmission then a gear reduction all connected together.

Either of these guys can help you with any prop questions

http://www.acmemarine.com

http://www.ojprops.com/index.htm
Old    ejojprop            02-05-2007, 3:30 AM Reply   
Scott, I have seen the pics of your prop on the MC site, from what I can see you have our 14 X 18 that has been repaired. Feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions.

Eric Johnson / OJ PROPS 800-359-9730