Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    etexboarder07            08-02-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
Sup, I have been riding an intermediate board for a while now and i can do all intermediate tricks plus more. But like on my backroll and stuff im not getting as much pop and it seems like the board is holding me bac}k. So my question is if i were to buy and advanced board about how much difference would it make?}
Old    7ftdubup            08-02-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
what board are you riding now?
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
There is no such thing as a miracle board. No board can make up for technique. But yes, some boards ride totally different from others. Do you just want a board with more pop? Do you need speed? You want a vertical board or a flats board?
Old    etexboarder07            08-02-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
I am riding a neptune it is a blunt board with plush pro bindings,it is a older board. I am lookin for more pop and also verticle. I have the speed and the flat. THanks for the post i would appreciate it if u would keep responding.
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
Well actually pretty much any new board you get will be an improvement over the old Nep. I ride a CWB Transcend. It is a very explosive board with great vert pop but it is pretty slow. Another great popping board from CWB is the Absolute. It isnt as much of a vertical board as the Transcend, but it is pretty fast. Both boards have super smooth landings. Also look at the Liquid Force Substance. And get you a nice pair of Liquid Force bindings. I ride Transit's and would highly reccomend them.
Old    etexboarder07            08-02-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
Ight man thanks! I have been lookin at a liquid force. One more question for you. I am 6ft. tall and about 180 lbs. ABout what length and width of a bored would be good for someone my size?
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
Im 5'10 and 175 and I ride a 142 Transcend. I wouldnt go smaller than 140. 142 Transcend, 141 Absolute or 142 Substance. That is what I would go with. Larger boards offer more water displacement, which gives more pop over the same board in a smaller size. I just like the way a larger board feels.
Old    etexboarder07            08-02-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
Ight thanks! I have been riding that neptune and it is a 133
Old    7ftdubup            08-02-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
im the same size as clay and i ride a Substance 138, i love it, and i love his board, if you want a good all around board the Substance 142 and Transcend 142 would be good, also check out the Hyperlight Premier 141, I rode it in rough water and still liked it so its gotta be great in good water.
Old    etexboarder07            08-02-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
ight thanks man i will check it out. where we ride there is hardly ever rough water we are usually the only boat on the lake so thanks for the info
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
bigger boards handle better in rough water
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
Your not the same size as me anymore. You got fat and that belly put you up around 200 at least....
Old    7ftdubup            08-02-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
i may be fat but i still got skills
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
I geuss your like Parks, minus the skills and dreads

j/k

Team Arson
Old    etexboarder07            08-02-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
What if i am ridin in smooth water all the time cause i am. We have a lake to ourselves. Would a shorter board be better?
Old    wickedwake            08-02-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
Nope
Old    etexboarder07            08-02-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
k thanks, thats all the questions i had