Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-24-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
Hey guys take a look at this.
Last night I was at my girlfriends house practicing my Nose Grab Shove Its on the wakeskate on the trampolene.

I came down and my right ankle rolled and all I heard was this big old "POP"

Heres what my left ankle looks like

Heres what the right ankle looks like

Here they are compared

I think ill lay off of the trampolene for a while. I also dont think Ill walk for a while either!

Danny T.
www.okcboardshop.com
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-24-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
ouch, im no doctor but you might want to get that checked out, it looks broken/fractured
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-24-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
Its just sprained. Ice it and you be up and around on it in a few days
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-24-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
So it's the right one you're concerned about? :-) J/K, man, that ish looks nasty. BUT I've done the same thing on a tantrum... give it a few days and let it turn a few pretty colors... you'll be ok.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
ice, elevate, stay off it, and take some anti-inflamitories(advil)
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-24-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Ya, it defenitly hurts.

Danny T.
www.okcboardshop.com
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-24-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
ice, elevate, stay off it, take some anti-inflamitories(advil) and trim your toenails.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2005, 9:24 PM Reply   
Ice and elevate for sure. Most of your discomfort at this point is because of swelling. I am recovering from a similar injury. If you can't put any weight on it, go to the doctor.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-25-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
Ummmmmmmmm........

Diagnosing ankle injuries by looking at pictures over the internet is not really all that smart.

You really should get an X-ray unless you really really really feel it's only a sprain. Even so, sometimes a fracture can be in there without knowing it, you could do more damage to it.

You can get alot of complications from a simple sprain, like impingement, loose ligaments, pinching, loss of range.

I am pretty damn sure nobody posting on this thread is a doctor, and even a doctor can't simply look at it and tell if it's broken or sprained. But it's your summer, your ankle, hope you heal up quick, I have rolled mine too, take care of it as best you can.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-29-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
I just put it on here because it looked wicked.

But I did go get an X-ray and its not broken, just really sprained.

Swellings gone down a bit, and I am able to walk pretty good today.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM