Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-06-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
The second I get my new X-Star, I will want to tint the wind shield. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with removing the wind shield or any hints on making the task any easier. I want to do it this way because it will be cheaper and the tint shop could also get it done a lot faster. Thanks for any help.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-06-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
at the base of the wind shield there should be some type of a rubber filler that should pull out of where its squeezed into. when you pull that out you'll see the srew heads and just simply use a drill gun to screw them out. thats how its been in all the other boats i've had to take wind sheilds off of. i don't see how it would be different for the new x star.
Old     (ride900)      Join Date: May 2007       03-07-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
Ryan,
I think that the $ that you will save by doing this will not be worth it, There are a ton of screws that hold the window on. The tint shop works on front windows of cars all the time. Just pay em and let them do there job.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-07-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
I agree with ryan. I am having mine done next week and I would rather not remove my windshield. I would probably break it some how, or with my luck it would never be the same again and rattle or squeak or make wind noise. I am happilly paying the tint shop for thier troubles in working around the dash.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-07-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
i did my x2 only because my friend who tinted the windows owns the shop. the glass is real easy to break. the hardest part is putting it back on. its no joke.