Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
#@*% - I just reinjured my ankle this morning. Tore or sprained in the same place I injured 7 months ago. So, this time I want to fix it the right way and need a good sports doc. Anyone in San Diego area know of one? Thanks!!!!

Hey Buzz - sorry for being lame when you said hello today. It had just happened and I figured if I opened my mouth all you'd hear is cussin...and I think you had some kids with you. lol
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-14-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
In my opinion, Scripps Torrey Pines has an excellent group. Dr. Jan Fronic did my shoulder about seven years ago. I believe he still does the players for the San Diego Padres. The only thing I can't do well is lift heavy weights straight up over my head. This is something I don't want to do anyway. I feel great! My son just had his knee operated on by Dr. Laura Alberton last summer after a skateboarding accident. She is part of the same group. Each doctor in the group has their own specialty. He seems to be recovering well and now has no restrictions. he has resumed skateboarding. Good luck. The ankle is very complicated. I fractured my ankle and severely sprained it jumping another boat's wake about six years ago. I was in a booty for about six weeks and then just needed time off.
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info! Yeah, this really sux. When I was hurt 7 months ago, I was on crutches for several weeks and off the water for over 4 months. I've ridden about 10 times since then and now this AGAIN right at the beginning of the season. I don't think anything is broken, but at least a severe sprain. This time I'm fighting for a MRI, steroids, hell i dunno...whatever will get me back out there ASAP.

Anyways, I did find one of the Scripps docs on my insurance plan...Dr. Stricker. Thanks again!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-14-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
No Sheri....I hate reading this. I hope you aren't out too long. Take Care - Laci
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-14-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
Hey Laci, thanks! Man, things have been rough lately...lol. I think I told you that I finally got the co-owning thing worked out with my friend so I can ride every day. How ironic. I'm hoping the doc can work some magic!

Oh well, I can't get too down about it. I know there are tons of people on here who've had much worse and been out alot longer.

ttyl!
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-15-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Oasis Sports Medicine, Dr. Murphy. He has done the knees of everyone in my family and has done my knee and shoulder. Awesome Doc, I have sent many wakeboarding friends to him and it alwas comes out great. (858)571-0606
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-15-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey Geoff - yeah, a friend also suggested them. I wanted to go there but they're not in my insurance plan. Today I called a couple good places and can't get in for 2-3 weeks. Agh!!!!

btw, the new pump works great. Thanks again for loaning us yours. Such a good salesman.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-15-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
I went to Dr. Adsit at California Ortho, he was pretty good, like you Oasis wasn't in my plan
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Wow! So I went to the doctor this morning. Told him I wanted to do whatever it took to get back out on the water. He looked at me like i was an idiot and said to take up yoga. What an ass! He also suggested I stop trying to keep up with the guys and maybe I could drive! lmao
No suprise when I teared up at the thought of not riding for 6 months, he said I was the 2nd patient today he made cry (at 9:30 IN THE MORNING)!

But, as Strib suggested, I have an apt at Scripps in 2 weeks (they're on my insurance). Thanks for everyone's input