Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (wake_to_wake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-05-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
Let me start by saying i love the 08 Watson Comp vest. It has a decent amount of flotation and is very nonrestrictive. The problem is the foam on the inside of the upper back has become all crumpled up. Ive tried to uncrumple it but i dont even know where to start. I plan to contact Liquid Force. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-05-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
Mine is doing the same thing. Even the foam on the inside on the shoulder part is coming apart. Definitely won't be getting away from molded vests ever again.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
It's happening to my billabong sanford vest. I think it's just something that happens with vests like that. If you don't want it to happen, gotta go with something that isn't just foam inside neoprene.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-05-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
Happened to mine as well. What i did was remove the gusset in the middle of the back. I was able to pull out the foam pad and put it back in there right. I then put a stitch line through the whole vest down the center in the back and down the wings on each side of that back panel. Has held up perfectly.
Old     (bobert)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-06-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Same things happening to my '07 Watson. Guess I'll try Swatguy's trick.
Old     (wake_to_wake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-06-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
yeah i think it got that way because i let this smaller kid try it out and the vest was too loose around him but im gonna try the stiching trick
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
You just have to work the foam, and figure out where the end are located. Happened to my baller vest, Took me an hour to fix and has been fine since. It was a pain.
Old     (wake_to_wake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-06-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
yeah i was bored today and basicly sat down and messed with it for an hour and a half the first time i got it all flat only to find it was rotated the wrong way but its all good now ready to be used tommorow
Old     (wake_to_wake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-06-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
yeah i was bored today and basicly sat down and messed with it for an hour and a half the first time i got it all flat only to find it was rotated the wrong way but its all good now ready to be used tommorow
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-06-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
yeah happend to me too on my vest fell wakeskatin and held on to the rope for run and it all shot to the back. you just have to work it back took me 20 min