Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-28-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
Alright I've had my boat for two years (07) and its getting some pretty decent wear to it, nothing too bad just the white isn't perfectly white on the seats anymore, and water spots are becoming a slight problem, and things like that. I was just wondering what is typical for boat users, like if we should be cleaning it a lot more or if its normal to have a little wear like that. We do use it quite often (120+hours a season) and we do not have a summer complete shelter we have a large tarp structure it the summer to keep it in shade and away from anything else. In winter we have an indoor shelter.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-28-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
i know im anal, but i would put my 200+ hr 07 vlx up against any "NEW" boat sitting on a lot and show you what showroom condition is. my boat is kept inside though all the time and it has since the day it came from malibu. and the fact that i tow it about 500 ft to the ramp helps. my other secret is Primal Marine Seat covers. my interior still smells new under those things, worth every penny IMO. and dont forget Babes after every session.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
yeah, you have to wipe her down and clean her up after she gets all wet, otherwise she going to look used and abused and become really smelly.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
"Please wipe down equipment after each use"
Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-28-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
I would love to get Primal covers but they don't make them for my boat and even when I contacted the guy to see if he would consider just make the seat bottoms for my boat I got a very abrupt (borderline rude) NO so looks like I'm going to have to either find another company that does something similar or see if I can have someone make my them for me.

Any suggestions?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
My wife made seat covers out of terrycloth.
I use exquisite cleaner inside and 30% white vinegar spray outside and wipe down after every outing. Keeps it looking like new.

(Message edited by mhunter on June 29, 2009)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
How long does your wax job stay with the white vinegar?
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-29-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Ditto what Bryan said! My boat is four years old and I would make the same claim. If you clean it really good after each use it stays nice. Everybody knows the routine on my boat.
1. on trailer end of day I drive over by trashcans.
2. guys get out start wiping down outside and trailer wheels.
3. girlfriend and other girls wipe down interior and bag up trash.
4. girls hand over trash to guys wiping down outside who throw it away.
5. I fill in where I see fit.
--whole job is done in ten minutes or less--
6. get home take out all wet ANYTHING vests,ropes,towels etc.
7. cover boat and back into covered side yard.
8. eat pizza and apply aloe vera ha ha!

The key is to be a little anal and get into a routine and do it EVERY TIME!
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-29-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
while my routine isn't exactly like sean's, i agree its important to have a routine you do everytime.

Always wipe it down (i use a product call "the absorber) after each time out.

Always wipe down the inside and let it dry out. Pull off seats so they are standing up - not seated in their spots, this will get ride of moisture between seats.

Every month hit the interior with exquisite cleaner.

Twice a season hit the exterior with Meguiers marine wax.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Kenny
I use poorboys products. They are sold to detail shops. Their past wax is the best I have found.
I wax once a month and full detail twice a season. No problem with the vinegar.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-29-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
I've got a buddy who never wipes down his boat...ever. He trades his boat every year ( buying new) He hates to clean it. He pays $800 to have it detailed before he sells. It becomes showroom condition.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-29-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
use CLR mixed 60/40 with water to remove your water spots... apply wax after you get them off.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
CLR is an acid based cleaner a lot stronger than vinegar.

I will detail your friends boat for 500.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-11-2009, 10:40 PM Reply   
I do the exact routine you do sean including the pizza haha, I think the single thing that makes my boat not look perfectly clean is the fact it doesn't have a complete indoor shelter in the summer, our dealer sells us this cleaner they use that makes all of our seats look nice a pearly white, just costs a bunch D:
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-12-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
I have a black boat and there is no way I could wipe it down every time. It's either too late in the day or everyone is beat. Plus I prefer to clean it myself. What I do do, is keep it waxed and buffed out. Not to mention I will go through the whole thing and detail it once a month. I don't have a garage large enough to accommodate my boat so I always keep it covered. I also use an all natural product that has a wax, degreaser, and UV protectant in it. I always get props on how clean and shiny by boat looks.
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-12-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
Like most everyone else said. Wipe it down everytime. We have a black boat so we use a Vineger/water mix then follow that up with babes spray wax. Inside is the babes cleaner followed up my seat conditioner.

Tower, board racks, speakers, windows all get wiped down with spot remover, spray wax, or windex
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
Reading these posts I must be really anal. I clean the entire interior with exquisite including in between all seat cushions and bases after each use. I also vacuum after every use. I wax the boat once a month. Of course I wipe it down after it leaves the water, I use Hot Sauce on mine. My boat also sits in a garage so it makes the cleaning thing much easier.

I agree with you Bryan dealers have no clue how to detail a boat for delivery.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on July 12, 2009)