Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-01-2011, 10:20 PM Reply   
Just finished putting a wrap on the boat to change the color. Looks amazing and I'll post some pics when done with the new tower.

The wrap seems fine right now but I was trying to figure out what to do about where the wrap hits the boat buddy. Eventually it seems like it will get pretty beat up there. Should I just switch to a roller. Would that even help?
Old     (jward10)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2011, 6:09 AM Reply   
Or you could put a keel guard on there
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2011, 6:28 AM Reply   
I absolutely refuse to answer any questions until pics are posted.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-02-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
x2
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-02-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
x3
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-02-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
x4
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-02-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
No problem but it's not much to look at. It was cheap and on a budget. All we did was use laminated black vinyl to change the boat to black. Didn't go over the gunnel so they wouldn't get smoking hot. Ordered a new aerial freeride powdercoated black to replace the OEM tower.
Attached Images

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-02-2011, 7:14 PM Reply   
I removed the rubrail to make the install easier. Haven't put it back on yet.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-04-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
Bump
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-04-2011, 8:58 AM Reply   
Nice work!
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-04-2011, 9:04 AM Reply   
It will definitely get beat up. My wrap was on the rub rail and got pretty beat up from just touching the guide poles (I ended up removing it from the rail). Maybe adding felt to the boat buddy would help.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-04-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
add felt or carpet to the boat buddy and a keelguard of some sort to the nose - maybe the 3m tape for cars
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-04-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
Looks nice where did you buy the vinyl.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-04-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
Looks like its gonna turn out real nice when its all buttoned up. Was it hard to do?

Quote:
maybe the 3m tape for cars
That seems like a real good idea.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-04-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
They sell the clear thick vinyl online for clear bras for the cars.

Also - I have seen the sticker application stainless bow guard just for the bow eye area. They don't take up much room and I bet you can just paint it black before applying it. Sand, prime, paint, etc.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-04-2011, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmoomba View Post
They sell the clear thick vinyl online for clear bras for the cars.
I have clear vinyl on top of my wrap - it helps but it still shows wear, especially on areas that rub.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-05-2011, 7:19 AM Reply   
Didn't mean to give the wrong impression. The wrap wasn't put on by me it was put on by precision image here in Tulsa OK. I just didn't have thousands to spend on a wrap and wanted to spend hundreds instead lol. I also hadn't really decided if I wanted graphics on the side anyway and wanted to keep it simple. I am trying to get Jim at Viper customs to see if he can get ahold of the new domed supra logos for the sides but that will probably be it.

I like the idea of the stainless guard. Does anyone have any experience with that?
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-05-2011, 12:16 PM Reply   
http://www.keelguard.com/scuffbuster.html

I've seen the keelguard itself peeled back when a runabout was underway. I will chalk that up as poor install. I plan to get my hands on one sooner than later.

As for the vinyl clear, most wraps have them because they are the UV shield for the graphics. I was just thinking for an "on the cheap" quick and dirty fix, multiple layers will help. I like the carpet on the boat buddy idea as well, seen a post about it on here somewhere.
Old     (kdawg)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-08-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
I have a wrap on my 23 LSV and I messed up the vinyl putting it on the trailer, so I purchased the biggest scuff buster and it totally protects the wrap.