Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-14-2005, 7:26 AM Reply   
Well, I spent some time yesterday getting the boat ready for the season but was disappointed in how the vinyl turned out.

I bought some 3M Vinyl Cleaner and Restorer expecting to get some good results. There are a couple of yellow streaks or strains in the vinyl and also a lot of dirt that has seemed to set in the pores or creases of the vinyl. Well, the 3M and a lot of elbow greese didn't do the trick. It looks better, but the yellow stains did not come off at all and the dirt seems to be set in the vinyl.

Long story short...I was hoping for suggestions on other cleaners that might work better than the 3M. Also, would ususally a brush of some sort be a better option as the towels I was usually just didn't seem to be able to bring up on the junk in the vinyl.

Thanks!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-14-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Ok, I did a search and found a guy talking about 3M and Starbrite not working on his vinyl either. Then he used Mr. Clean's Eraser and it cleaned the vinyl right up.

Is this stuff alright to use on the vinyl or is there a better alternative?
Old    whitechocolate            03-14-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
It was me talking about the Starbright and the Mr.Clean Magic Eraser. All interiors are differnt and have diffrent stains, I would get the Magic eraser and see how that works, Im pretty sure it will take care of your interior and yes its safe, If that doesnt work try the Starbright. Bottom line I dont think there is 1 Item that works on everyones interior, I just posted it because I had great result's and it didnt harm my interior. Some cleaners work great but harm your interior over time.

Now wheres the guy that was telling me to use "Greased Lighting" on my interior. I bought a bottle of that stuff on his recomdation and tryed it on a small section of my interior on my truck and by the smell of it I could tell it was strong stuff (it smelled just like Bleach) well it tore the hell out of my interior, Im glad I didnt use it on my boat, What ever you use try it on a section that is out of the way so you can see the results before you attack your interior
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-14-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
Malco Leather & Plastic Cleaner. I've been doing custom auto & boat upholstery on the side for 15 years and this is the best product I've found, hands down. www.malcopro.com
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-14-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
I second Malco Leather & Plastic Cleaner.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
I use Meguiars Vinal and Rubber Cleaner restoreer and conditionor! And i also heard vinylex or luxor or somehting like that is good!
here is the link

http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguiars/product_detailpage.cfm?sku=M-57&store=meg
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-15-2005, 5:33 PM Reply   
Oh, and 303 for protectant. These two products are all you need.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-15-2005, 10:34 PM Reply   
You're stains may be especially tough, but my owner's manual says to use Fantastik. I've found it to work great, but have been blessed to not have some stain that seemed all that worrisome.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-16-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
I used plain old liquid Tide and water (small concentration) and it was AMAZING how clean my vinyl came out. It even cleaned the white thread. I too have a couple yellow stains in the creases between the cushions, I have no clue where they came from and the won't come out.
Old    sean123            03-16-2005, 5:20 PM Reply   
Jarret..

Use the Mr Clean Magic Eraser, and then 303 behind it to protect and shine.

Sean..

By the way... On my way home now!!