Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    donskickinit            08-06-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
50,60,70,80,90 grand!!! thats a lot of cake for a boat.I think they look beautiful,great graphics-ride nice-but for half the price you can do flips,spins load up people and have a great looking boat-I have to admit I almost went and got an X-Star30 but I figured I'd spend 35 grand cash for a loaded wakeboard boat and have no boat loan-no payments until i am old and gray-and I have money left over for gas and beer. I dont cringe when I go to the gas pump- Maybe there are many more people who have money to burn than I thought but nowadays thats not the case-is it just the mercedes of wakeboard boats?
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-06-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
you will regret buying the boat you did once you ride in and behind the x star. Dont be jealous people have more money than you and dont act like your mr smart buyer for buying the cheapest boat on the market theres a reason its so cheap.I hate how people think there better buyer or they tricked the rest of the world if they buy a certain boat. Shut up and quit thinking about the x star you could have bought and go ride. Youve got buyer remorse bAD

(Message edited by shoulin on August 06, 2005)
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Boy o boy. You just opened a can of worms..
I dont have enough energy to type all that I am thinking..
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-06-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
I just upgraded from an 01 Moomba Outback to an 02 Malibu Wakesetter. I can tell you that the difference is HUGE! Fit, Finish, Details, Ride Quality, Wake.......................resale value..........

The Moomba was a great boat for the money, but once I sat in the Malibu and test drove it there was NO comparison.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-06-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Don, I agree with you.... 70 grand on a boat is ridiculous, however if they got the money and want to buy it more power to em. Ill stick to a cheaper Moomba, MC prostar..... (but then again i enjoy waterskiing as much as wakebaording so i dont necesarry want a giant ass wake that the x-stars create)
Old     (amazongb)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
If you sit down and do the math, the cost of boat ownership whether you pay cash or finance (at todays low rates), is not much different, especially if you consider that I can put my 35k to work while you have to sit and watch it depreciate in the driveway. I might even break even.. who's smarter now?
Old     (dustin_c_wilson)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
What is X-Star30?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
Good call Dustin.. what is a xstar30?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
So Don I have seen your other post about how you rave about your moomba and compare it to your buddies x-star. I see your comments on the other thread about how all boat engine are manufactured in the same plant , and that all MC owners should keep paying these high prices( why you made that comment is beyond me). I then get into this thread and see once again the idea that a moomba is so much better than all the other "50,60,70,80,90 dollar" wakeboard boats out there.
I even said I didnt have enough energy to type all I was thinking at that time, but as I saw more of your high end boat bashing , I could'nt hold back anymore. I am not saying that Moomba's are not decent boats, but to make multiple comments, and start multiple threads on about how great moombas are is a little over the top. And if all your baseing your comparison on is your friends boat( what year x-star?), thats very unrealistic! There is alot of differences between all the different lines of wakeboard boats out there. Hopefully you have a open mind when it comes to understanding the reasons behind why a MC, Nautique, or BU cost what they do, cause for the most part you are comparing your hyundai of a boat to the BMW class of boats! Let the comments roll in!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
Don, if you don't get the hype don't buy one. EASY. Live and let live buddy.
Old    donskickinit            08-06-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Dont get all bent because you took out a mortgage to buy a boat-I'll see pics of all your x-stars in the classified soon.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
Since this is a "discussion board" lets "discuss"
why you are so hell bent on bashing high end wake boats? Do you go bashing everyone who drives a nicer vehicle than you too? I am sure your moomba does throw a decent wake, but I just dont get why the comments ( in 3 different areas of WW ) about your issues with the cost. You obviously dont have any the sense to realize that everything is not created equal, it it were this world would be very boring. There are different levels of every possible product out there, so dont get "bent" cause you chose a boat for the price and not the features and benefits of a higher end boat(which anyone knows the more features and benefits usually will result in a higher cost. Enjoy wakeboarding behind any boat you choose, even if it's a Moomba. I am sure we all would have fun behind any boat!! I just prefer my MC!
Old    bruky__            08-06-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
Yeah, probably, BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL GETTING NEW ONES!

Haha, you make for some lame conversation. Not everyone is poor, and not every one is rich, and not everyone is in between. An X-Star for a lot of people is a small purchase.

JohnE, financing was created for those who couldn't afford _____ but wanted to buy ______. If you have the cash to shell out on a 65k boat, but you would rather put 35k to work, then it'd be much more logical to buy a 30k boat, and put the rest to work, not shell out for something you REALLY no longer have the money to buy.
Old     (amazongb)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
Dude, financing was not created for people who can't afford things. Consider this, if financing did not exist, there would be no car or boat manufacturers.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
Ok I gotta chim in here. If a person wants to spend that kind of money on a boat then let them. Its their money and they can choose to spend it how they see fit. Don your not the one making the stroke on the boat so why does it matter to you if someone spends that kind of money. I have to admit that I do not know anthing about moombas at all. Im sure they are a good boat but when you start getting into the higher end wakeboarding boats there is a difference in fit, finish, ride, as well as many more areas. which is going to raise the price of the boat.
Case in point my old boat was a Centurion Avalanche. It was a good boat for the few years I had it. Last year I purchased a SAN. If you were able to compare a SAN to an Avalance and went over each boat and really looked at the craftmanship you can see the difference (hence the price difference too). I myself an not a big fan of MC but they do make a quality boat that has a good fit and finish as well as great wakes.
Another thing you might consider is that MC, BU and CC do not make boats for the average consumer. They make high end boats for people who probally make a lot of money and dont care about cost. Just like big xstar said your comparing a Hyundai to a BMW.
As for your comment about seeing their boats for sale in the classified ads your probally right because there selling it to get a new one.
Just be happy you have a boat and go out and board and stop being jealous of people who can afford the high end boats.
Old    live2wakeboard            08-06-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
Okay i only have one thing to say about this. My family is neither the richest or poorest family on the block but i do kno that the money that we used to buy our '04 Malibu VLX was worked hard for and "yes" if we wanted it we could have a X-Star sitting in the garage right now. But we went with a Bu because we liked the style and the ride. Just like u said that u could of went out and bought a "x-star30 (w/e that is)" but instead u went with the moomba because u probebly liked the style and ride in it just as well... Thats My 2 Cents!!!!!! Thanks Lucky T
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-06-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
Long and short- Have an 04 lsv bu- love it - thought about x-star purchase - drove it - great boat - mcx -awesome throttle response - wake - etc. Would cost more than I'd like to swing right now, but more power to those that have it! Cash buy , finance, or whatever that's there bag. Nobody's business but there own. Have a good time whatever your in that's all that matter's. Don't be a hater, there always someone with more or less than you.
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-06-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
Don,
Well first of all, most moombas are direct drive while the xstars are v drive which is part of the reason they have such nice big wakes. Also the high end boats (such as x-stars) have touch of the finger ballast control while on a moomba you can manually pump all the fat sacks you want and still wont get the nice wake of an x-star. Plus, The luxury you get from the high end boats: roomy interior, heaters, lots of storage space is part of what makes them so expensive- it's about more than just wakeboarding- it's about comfort, since only one person is riding at a time everyone else is in the boat, so in the course of a day each rider spends a lot of time in the boat. I understand you like to waterski and so don't want a big wake- that make the moomba good for you, which is just fine, you went for the moomba because it gives you what you want, but please don't rip on others for going for the boats that give them the wakes for the pop that they desire.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-06-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
Arguing with him won't get ya anywhere, it sounds like he wants to start an arguement rather than a discussion. Just don't reply, if you have the money for a nice wake boat and you want to spend that kind of money, great, more power to ya. If you don't have that kind of money, there is nothing wrong with buying a Mobius or anything of that sort. I think they're all nice boats, personally.
Old    donskickinit            08-06-2005, 9:56 PM Reply   
dudes - lighten up- its just talk-i dont hate mc owners i just wanted to know a little about what they thought about the ride-im not out to bash anyone-ill think before i post again-its all about getting on the lake and chillin with friends.peace
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-07-2005, 6:17 AM Reply   
Wish I had a xstar but didn't want to swing a 10-15 year payment so I went with the Moomba. There are definite differnces between the two. As long as people are willing to pay the big $$$, there is no reason for the prices to come down. Kind of like the price of gas.

Alexis, most moombas are v drive now.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-07-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
Alexis, as Randy said, you can easily find a v-drive in the Moomba lineup. Plus, automatic ballest is offered too. But that's besides the point.

Don, I don't understand why you would start a thread like this. Moomba's are great boats, but you can't compare them to X-stars. They're not even designed to compete with eachother. I'm glad you like your Moomba. I love mine too. But, what's the reason for coming on here and starting a post like this? What are you going to gain??
Old    mia            08-07-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
the x-star is the biggest, baddiest, most comfortable, coolest looking boat to come to market....that is fact not hype..

btw, have you been on one or ridden behind one ?

if i could afford & store it, i would own one in a heartbeat...(i own a nautie 211)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-07-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Don,
I am a happy Supra SSV owner. I absolutely love my boat and I take care of it better than anything else I own. I have ridden in and behind all kinds of nice wakeboard boats . SAN, VLX, LSV, X-2, Moomba XLV, Tige, Full line of Supras'. But i have to say that hands down Kevin's X-Star is by far the Best Wakeboard boat around. The fit and finish on his boat is stunning. The Storage is huge. The Interior is roomy and looks better and cleaner than all other boats I have been in. And the best part of the boat is the wake. It is a monster!!! I have tried weighting down my boat every which way and I can not come close to the size of Kevin's wake.

So is the X-Star over priced? Maybe!!! But if I had the money I would pay for it!!!

Dont get me wrong because I think alot of people are in the same boat ( no pun intended) as you. I paid cash for my boat and I enjoy not having a payment. My boat suits my needs just fine ( family and wakeboarding). If your boat works for you then be happy with it. There is never a need to put down another boat, chances are you will one day ride behind said boat !!!!

Alexis,
"Most Moomba's are direct drive"....
They sell more v-drive units than Direct drive units!!!!!! Moomba offers 6 models. 3 v-drive and 3 DD.

Mike,
How is the knee coming along. I hope you and your family are having a great summer.

Kevin,
Hows it going??? Did you go to Powell yet??

I just got back from Mead and I leave for Powell in 1 month and then again 2 weeks after. We will have to hook up again in October when things slow down a little.

Have a great rest of your summer.
Erik
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
a homeless guy would say $20, $30, $40 for a steak is insane!!! but to those that can afford it its soo worth it. point trying to be made cuz thatw as ridiculous is its all relative.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-08-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
This did come across as high bashing. My complaint with the MC X-Star owners and to some extent the SAN crowd, is the reason people don't buy one of these boats you can't afford it. This is just a wrong thought. There is a saying in the wine world, QPR. Quality to price ratio, I don't find the additional cost of those two boats is justified by cost, this is IMHO. Just cause someone buys a Supra or BU, does not mean that don't have the bankk
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
A Bu is pretty much the same price as a CC or MC. It isn't only quality, also resale value, and countless other reasons. It's nice to save on the upfront cost of the boat, but you also have to think about what it will be worth when you sell it. I have seen a lot of 2000+ lower end wakeboats for sale for less then my 95 SS is worth. All depends what is important to you.
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-08-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
Shane for our sake Help us understand the drawbacks to an xstar beside its high cost. This isnt meant to be threatening im interested in someones reasoning for not thinking the xtar is the best boat if money is not the issue.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
The arrogance in here is killing me, "X-star is the best X-star is the best." X-star is the best for you maybe. You bought what was best for you and I bought what was best for me and so did every other boat owner. They all have there advantages and disadvantage. Don't think the X-star is best for everyone and that people are jealous because they don't have YOUR favorite boat.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-08-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
whats funny is that comment "why spend 70 grand on a boat when you can get the same thing for 50 grand!!". I hear that a lot, as if 50 grand for a boat is a steal. Its freeking insane.

you can spend 20grand and have the same thing as the 50 grand boat, and 20 grand is a ton of money that only "rich" people can afford to spend on a boat.

Its like the fat guy in meaning of life. Eat three tables full of food, but the wafer thin mint is overkill.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
"you can spend 20 grand and have the same thing as the 50 grand boat"

yeah right.

For 20 you're still going to get luxury, reliability, warranty, wake, power, accessories?

Show me one example.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
I got everything other then the warranty and the bling factor, for about $25k. But I did a ton of work on my own and a lot of research. Just one example, but I'm on the other end for this one. I would rather see people spend $50-$60 for a CC, MC or Bu then $40 on one of the others. IMO if you're going to spend $30-$40 you should still buy a CC, MC or Bu that is a few years older...Just my .02
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
just $.02 here...
A properly weighted X-10 or X30 will produce a very similar wake to the X-star.

and for the record...the x-45 puts our a bigger wake then the X-star (assuming they are weighted the same)
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-08-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
I don't think this guy is necesarily talking about "the x-star"(being the pickle fork). I think he is talking about the x series and the more expensive mfgs in general.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-08-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
I bought my 2000 xstar for 23k. The difference between it and a new x2? cosmetically the tower, the drivers seat, and the rear deck.

funtionally, the automated ballast system. Is that work 30k more? really?

Im not knocking people who pay 50k for a boat. Im knocking people who pay 50k, then knock people wo pay 70k, as if thats outragous.
Old     (bummerkit)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-08-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
Trolling 101
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       08-08-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

I just sold my MC for $1000 less than it was purchased new for in 1999. You get back what you pay for. I'm not a brand basher by any means. I love being pulled behind any boat, but it's nice to have such a re-sale value.

B

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   

Bottom line: What you paid, vs. what you sold it for = what you truly paid for your boat. Everyone knows that new boats loose more. On the other hand, if you have no warranty and end up doing some upgrading, you could spend just as much as the new boat owner over the same period of time. This is how I justify a new boat to the wife. Take notes married guys!
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-08-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
I ride behind a super air, SAN and my sanger..i own a SANGER..go for what you like, just because its expensive doesnt mean it is a must buy.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
I used to think the same thing that it was all hype. This year I got to ride behind one SICK!!!!! The wake was HUGE!!! with a nice shape. If I had the cash I would have one in my driveway.

Todd-Sanger have very nice wakes. It has a nice shape, add a sac or two and its one of the best wakes out there. I think that it is the best wake for the price.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-08-2005, 3:43 PM Reply   
J-rod--Dude I respect your opinion alot, and read alot of what you have to post, but where did this come from?
Quote..
"The arrogance in here is killing me, "X-star is the best X-star is the best." X-star is the best for you maybe."

I would agree with the arrogance comment if thse were x-star owners, but there not. They were just telling Don that the x-star hype is really not just hype, but worth more for the fit, finish and detail reasons. Don IMO was being close minded and just could not understand the price differences. Hence refer to the name of this thread and his original comments, not to mention his comments in other threads also.

(Message edited by big x-star on August 08, 2005)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
I don't know man, sorry. I think I need a wakeworld vacation. I'm so irritated lately by people's comment's (like this one) that I loose my cool.

"you will regret buying the boat you did once you ride in and behind the x star."

The arrogant, argumentative posts are starting to make me post foolishly. And maybe it's just me, but we seem to be getting a lot more of this.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
I gotta side with J-Rod on this...bit of arrogance going on here!

You don't need an x-star to be a great rider, or even a good one.
I own a MC and would not give it up for a free x-star...(WHAT??? WHY, hey KG your stupid) nope not stupid just satisfied!

I enjoy what I have and don't feel the need to impress, or the need to have better than anybody else. My skills allow me to be just as good a rider behind a X-star as they do behind a 20ft searay! I have even pulled tantrums off a 16ft boston whaler with a 40HP outboard!

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-08-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
People these are opinions!!!!!!!

These are not FACTS!!!!!

J-Rod, Respectfully, Why do you get pissed off at someones OPINION!!! It is thiers and not yours.
Its not like we are calling you or your boat worthless.
No one is saying your wrong Im right!!!! They are saying what, in thier opinion is the best!!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-08-2005, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote from KG
"You don't need an x-star to be a great rider, or even a good one."

Where in this thread has the ability(or need to own a x-star) to ride well been the issue of the x-star. The original comments made by Don was the price associated witht the x-star and his belief that the cost is not justified. To each person has different reason that the belief that there personal choice they made is the best and that is fine, but to not even take the opportunity to understand the reason behind such differences is the problem I have with Don's comments in multiple posts and threads.
KG--I completly understand the fact that tricks can be done off of almost any wake, but really look closely at what Don has been posting.
Old    bruky__            08-08-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
Did he ever tell us what an X-Star30 was?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
Well it's not really opinions that get to me it's the arrogance in statements as I pointed out above.

"Its not like we are calling you or your boat worthless. "

I know. I wasn't taking anything here personally. I was simply lashing out at a couple of individuals that made rediculous comments, again referring the the comment I cited above.

I also apologized above for letting it get to me.
Old     (nc05lsv)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
as an owner of a moomba mobe lsv let me go on the record as saying I love my boat........but jeez I would sacrifice and trade it for the x-star just to make everyone on here happy. I would do that for you guys! Especially if MC would cut me some slack on cost
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
Kevin P.
well yea, my bad. I was reading a little between the lines.

to answer Don, maybe it's the design, motor or something else like the name. Is a 70k price justified, probably not. Nearly all of these 'tournament' sytle boats are made of fiberglass, have similar components, many of the same engines, transmissions, and other hardware, including pumps gauges and vinyl.
How do these close similiarities cause the price to so far up and above the others in a similar class?

I personally can't see how MC charges that much. Do you don't get any better service if you own a Xstar over a moomba or a Supra. Does it come with a blender, maybe a free toaster at purchase.

Frankly the story is that demand, and people willing to pay the ludicrious amounts of money for these boats that keep bringing up the prices every year. This is a huge markeup scam on the public IMO. People are thinking they are getting the best by paying more, and that's silly.

Is the xstar a better boat than the others, I don't know. It's not the better boat for me, and propably not for many others and I am certainly not going to be a poser and buy a xstar just to say I did, and prove I have a fat wallet!
Old     (shoulin)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-08-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
j rod I was answering dons comments not making a statement. I dont own an xstar i have an x2 for the same reason you stated it works for me. small family, usually just 2 people, fits in the garage. Im tired of people saying cc, mc are all hype.People arent buying these boats for the bitcs at the dock or too look rich its because they run forever and have wakes big enough or small enough to take you to any level of rider you want to be. I dont get on here and have one hand on my mc and the other typing about the stupidity of all other boat owners in the world.I know u werent either So read more into the comment before you judge the responses.If you were my neighbor I would rub cheetos into your boat vinyl bitc.

(Message edited by shoulin on August 08, 2005)

(Message edited by shoulin on August 08, 2005)
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-08-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
I love how it always comes down to people saying that the XStar is too much money and the XStar is all hype. There are BU's and SAN's that cost just as much as the XStar.
Old    live2wakeboard            08-08-2005, 10:52 PM Reply   
I AGREE WITH J-ROD ALL THE WAY!!!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2005, 12:10 AM Reply   
i don't know if anyone's touched on any of these points, but lemme try...

quote:

Well first of all, most moombas are direct drive while the xstars are v drive which is part of the reason they have such nice big wakes.

lots of moombas are v-drives.

quote:

Also the high end boats (such as x-stars) have touch of the finger ballast control while on a moomba you can manually pump all the fat sacks you want and still wont get the nice wake of an x-star.

actually, you can get a v-drive moomba w/ internal ballast, and given it is loaded down w/ additional ballast, it can be as big as an x-star's wake...just not have as long as a transition. like the moomba mob-v, the x-star's wake is good w/ just the internal ballast, but isn't great unless more weight is added.

quote:

Plus, The luxury you get from the high end boats: roomy interior, heaters, lots of storage space is part of what makes them so expensive- it's about more than just wakeboarding- it's about comfort, since only one person is riding at a time everyone else is in the boat, so in the course of a day each rider spends a lot of time in the boat.

moomba mobius-v are very roomy and have ample storage space.

on that note, x-star's are sick, but so are moombas. 2 of the most under-rated boats on my list are sanger v210 and moomba mobius-v; sick wakes, lots of interior space (seating and storage) and lots more bang for the buck.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2005, 12:12 AM Reply   
by the way, don, you don't need to justify your moomba purchase. just go out and have fun...exactly what the x-star owner is doing.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-09-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
Anyone notice he's gone? He went here to get more. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/245177.html?1123559720
What's up with that? retreating to another post? J-Rod, I'm with you, just forget guys like this. Let it gooooooo.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
I don't have any preference to wakeboard boats since I have only ridden 3 different types. But I thinks its funny that people buy those 60-90k boats and don't even wakeboard behind them. It would be ok if they gave me a pull once in a while, but when they sit there and tube behind their amazing boat it just makes me wonder about people.
Old    donskickinit            08-09-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
HEY GUYS IM BACK-I WAS OUT RIDING AGAIN-TOO BAD YOUR WORKING OT TO PAY FOR THAT MC-

TAKE IT EASY BOYS-IM JOKING-YOU GUYS ARE VERY SENSITIVE-IM JUST AMAZED HOW COMPANIES IN GENERAL CAN MARKET A PRODUCT in DEMAND-ITS THE SAME IN ANY BUSINESS- YOU DONT NEED TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO OPERATE A BUSINESS-BUT WITH THE RIGHT ANGLES YOU CAN GET TOP DOLLAR FOR THE SERVICE OR PRODUCT-BELIEVE ME LAST SUMMER I WANTED TO TRADE UP FOR THE MC AND I ACTUALLY MIGHT DO IT AFTER THIS SEASON-MC TIGE NAUTIQUE ...THEY ARE IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE
Old    grud8            08-09-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
Why would someone give you a pull when you make stupid comments about their boating habits?
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-09-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Or buy something from you with the same stupid comments? And there you go again "I WAS OUT RIDING AGAIN-TOO BAD YOUR WORKING OT TO PAY FOR THAT MC." Whatever.
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-09-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
as i stated on the "moomba" post...

did u ever think that some mc owners are successful people and don't have to work 24/7 to pay off there boat and not be able to use it? I own a x-star (that my father purchased for me) and I use it EVERYDAY DAY

Why don't u start bashing on people who drive nice cars (Porsche, Ferrari, ect) if people can afford nice things, good for them. It’s ok to be jealous; it’s another thing to hate on them for being successful!

If you had unlimited money, and wanted to buy a wakeboard boat, I am pretty confident you would NOT buy a moomba…
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
I agree, 99% of the people who buy Ferraris, Porsches, etc. don't actually drive them like they are meant to be driven, the buy them because they look hot and are a status symbol item. Some wakeboard boats are getting to be this way. X-stars make pretty good family boats. I know I know heaven forbid someone tube behind an X-star but you kinda gotta tip your cap to them for having the disposable income to purchase one as a family boat. Back in the day if we saw a wakeboard boat at the beach I'd pull my buddy by it and he'd throw down a tantrum, scare crow, etc. behind a lil old bayliner, and we'd usually end up getting a pull behind their boat. Met some cool people that way, and got to ride behind some cool boats. People with money seem to like expensive toys and you can't really blame them. I'd like an X-star but I'll be really happy with a Sanger V210.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-09-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
shoulin did you not read my post. even if I thought the x-star was a better boat, the the quality difference if at all does not justify the price difference. Let's not forget the MC dealer, is forever aways compared to the BU, SAN, or Supra's dealers.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
I think you get what you pay for. By the way... my boat in my profile is for sale... $1,000,000. Gotta be the best boat out there for that price. I am open to offers.
Old    robertt            08-10-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
Nobody that has any type of a boat at all has the standing to say that any other type of a boat is a stupid purchase. Period.

I know a guy that went out and purchased a new convertible (it was his third one) for over 120k.

People were saying how stupid that was. His other cars sat idle, he has a quiver of other cars that can get him from point A to point B, basically it was a complete misapplication of resources.

He makes about 10 million a year. I don't have the time to do the math, but he basically had to work monday and tuesday of one week to pay for that car cash.

Of the twenty people that were saying he was an idiot for spending that kind of money, I can guarantee that they spent more than two days wages on their car.

Who is the moron?

Truth is neither.

If you have any type of a boat you are doing better than most, after that its just a matter of priorities and resources and how you choose to spend each.

Knocking ANYONE for their choice is lame at best, and reeks of jealousy and buyers remorse.

If you were at a truck dealership picking up a new truck that you had saved for, what would you think of a guy that walked over from the used car section and told you that you were clearly a moron for spending all that extra money on a new truck. His used truck that he is buying has 4 tires just like yours, runs almost as good, has almost as nice of an interior, almost as fast, almost as pretty......you get the point.

He would be correct about all of those points, and would be a total as%hat at the same time.

There are alot of people that can buy a new Xstar without feeling it....like some of us would buy a new board.

Others are living in a little house making very little make the decision to buy the perceived best even thought they pay more for it than the their house payment.

Neither is right or wrong.
Old     (wrgodsend)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
Robert is right, some people just blink and they've made 50k. Most of our customers have yachts in their backyards, spend 200k for just drapes, have many homes, etc. Buying an x-star or a bu every year for their kids to play on is not even a second thought on their mind. So, like Robert said, it's all relative.