Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-20-2005, 7:00 PM Reply   
tried a backroll today and landed on the board all four times i tried but couldn't ride it out. then suddenly the wind picked up and threw tsunami sized waves all over the lake. we had to call it a day but i will be back out tomorrow and i'm gonna stick it. any pointers from anyone would be sveet. oh btw has anyone had the sphynx bindings feel like they were crushing the arch of their feet? will this go away with time?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-20-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
keep the handle at your hip when approaching and make sure to stand tall at the wake.....this will eliminate the tension that rips the handle out of your hands......if you are landing on a back edge concentrate on edging away from the wake as you land....most importantly....practice makes perfect.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-21-2005, 1:22 AM Reply   
I was ridding some transits, and they were killing my arches, im kinda glad I am not the only one who had this problem.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-21-2005, 6:53 AM Reply   
I have ridden these sphynx bindings about five times now but it is just these last two where i have noticed it. kinda weird but i think it will be better with more riding.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-21-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
eff word! the rain finally let up this week only to give way to the wind. utah lake blows ponies. shat!

(Message edited by kawaik on May 21, 2005)
Old    swobee            05-21-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
I rode my buddies new sphynx yesterday. I usually wear an XL and his were L but they felt alright. The lower part of the foot was very snug but not uncomfortable. What I didn't like was the loose feel around the ankles- not my style. The ease of entry was awesome and the foot bed was pillow soft. I'll stick with my alphas for overall performance, though.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-21-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
when i rode them today they didn't bother me at all. i only rode for about 15 minutes though.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-22-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
make sure both of your bindings leave the wake before you start the flip...
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-22-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
i will do that. thanks for the advice.
Old    murrayair            05-22-2005, 9:59 PM Reply   
Just make sure you're taking a good progressive edge in. If you do that the release of the line tension when you leave the wake should initiate the flip for you. Do NOT huck it!
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-23-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
yeah it feels real natural when i roll. it seems like the exact same motion as a backroll on a snowboard. i think i just need to think about landing on my heelside edge.
Old    utskier            05-24-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
An LF rep told me that you can somewhat mold the inside of the bindings by soaking them in a bathtub in really hot water, then putting them on your feet. I haven't tried it because mine feel fine, but he said it would help people with high arches. Supposedly the EVA will mold like a snow ski boot.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-24-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
hmmm...interesting. are the potentially scalded feet worth it? j/k. if they discomfort me again i may have to consider this approach.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2005, 10:29 PM Reply   
jump in a hot tub with your bindings and a few hot chicks ..that will loosen up the bindings
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
actually heard Bromine/Chlorine could damage the bindings, just fill a bath tub w/ hot water, as hot as you can stand, put your bindings on, rock back and forth as if you were riding, then drain tub w/ bindings still on, then run ice cold water over them to freeze them in that mold.