Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-20-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
I finally won a tower that I wanted. Cant wait to get it in the mail.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4604987533&sspagename= ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
right on, i bought and had one installed last year and am very happy with it. they really stand behind their products too. take your time and install it right. i recommend using backing material too if you can. i had mine installed and they used backing in the rear mounts. but then again, my glass is pretty thin. here's our setup (at the top of the page)

http://www.monstertower.com/customerphotos/Maxum.htm

it's not a mastercraft, but it's mine, it works and the payment isn't keeping me up at night during the past 30 days of rain.
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-20-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
Nice Tower and boat. Thanks for the install tip. No mastercraft for me either, Sea Ray all the way. Its a start

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
thanks dude

now if it was only spring
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-20-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
Does it come with all of the soft goods shown in the photos?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
hee hee

not for us married guys
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-20-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Nice boat Bruce! Pictures of mine are a few under yours. Same thing, it's mine, it's paid for, it fits in my garage, and I can ride my buddies Malibu anytime I want :-)

Any other mods done to your boat to get a better wake?
Old     (johnbowen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-20-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
Bruce,

How much ballast you have in that thing? The rear looks about to be swamped!
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-20-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Maybe having the tower attracts all the "soft things"
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-21-2006, 12:28 AM Reply   
stue - thanks man - nah still learning.! snagged a killer new prop though. can't wait. also added super tunage. another battery. and more even super duper improved tunage coming as soon as i get a week of dry weather. ;)

it's all fun man. peace all. heh heh, .........*cheers*!

PS john bowen -- note enough man.! the boat weighs nothing

PSS DC -- of course
Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-21-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
Bruce.....share the secrets. Whats the super duper tunage you adding?
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-21-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
Bruce - I added a 'whaletail' plate to the leg, a 4 blade 19 pitch s/s prop, and a 600# sack shoved in the ski locker as far forward as possible (to keep the nose down). Made a big difference in the wake. Get one person to sit in the front and it plains off fairly quickly. The whaletail plate made the biggest difference, got on plain way faster. Cheap too, like $30-40 on Ebay.

Tunes are a must! I added a pair of Defcon II powdercoated red to match, left the stock clarions in the boat, added a 10" rockford fosgate 'bazooka tube' type sub under the glovebox, and run everything off a 4 channel MTX amp. The stereo is surprisingly loud and super clear, makes the boating experience so much better. I also swapped the deck for a sony with wired remote that is mounted by the throttle, and a sirius satellite radio by the steering wheel.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
DC -- ha ha, that was the beers talking late Friday. I'm replacing my stock JBL 6" with 6.5" Polk Momo MMC650's in the rear, adding Polk DB1000 tweeters in the middle and then adding a second JL amp to independantly power the custom JL 10" up front. Should sound quite a bit better than my current install. The current JBL's are just dual-cone so I'm hoping the new Polk's will really make a difference. I'm also going to add a wired remote at the helm. Can't wait. Maybe someday tower speakers, but I'm more interested in just having good clean sound while hanging out and I probably won't waste my money on that until I get a new boat someday.

Stue, yeah I ordered the Mercury High Five S/S five blade prop. Can't wait to try it out. Everybody I've talked too says it's the way to go for my boat. How did you mount your Sirius exactly? Do you have pictures? My head unit is inside the glove box on the passenger side and I just have the starmate replay so I was just going to use the line out into my RCA/Aux in's that I had installed. Which antenna did you go with the little mushroom looking thing, or the big 12" Terk one?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
PS Stue

I wish they would have used the same mounting locations on mine. You got at least 4 or 5" on me height wise because they mounted below the gunwale on mine--probably so they could brace it better. what year is yours? any problems -- tower or otherwise? thanks again for all the tips and replies.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-24-2006, 12:33 AM Reply   
I mounted mine just to the left of the steering wheel - the mounting bracket just goes on with doublesided tape, no problems yet after one year. I also used the aux input to the deck and I ran all the wires directly below it under the dash, I didn't want to drill any holes right there. Mine head unit is in the stock location as well but now I have the sirius radio on the left and the wired antenne on the right, with all the wires for them run through the bow. I had the big terk one but it was so ugly I took it off - I will just run the mushroom one again, they work just as well. I don't know where I am going to mount it yet though.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-24-2006, 12:36 AM Reply   
As far as the mounting goes, yes that is the reason we mounted there because we got a lot more height that way. I am 6' and even with the light bar I can walk under the tower no problem. Only downside is the conv't top doesn't work anymore but I never really used it anyway. Send me your email add' and I will send you some pics of the stereo.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-24-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Stuey, where did you mount your Sirius antenna on the boat? Im having reception issues with mine.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-24-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
stuey, i pm'd ya
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-24-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
I had it just behind the rear leg of the tower, mounted with double sided 3m tape to the top of the boat. That's where all the wires come out for my tower speakers/lights anyway. I have the odd reception issue if somebody covers up the antenna but nothing major, usually get excellent reception everywhere.

Bruce I'll check my pms and get some pics to ya when I have some more time.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-26-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
stuey

mail me man, brucemac@gmail.com