Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-22-2008, 4:15 PM Reply   
I wanted to see if any of you guys new where I could take one of these out for some fun. I know of prarie city ... any where else near Sacto??

Upload
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-25-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Sure we could demo it in 2 ffet of mud at our duck club in December for about 3 weeks. Too bad it's not camo.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-26-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
Wow that is great. Is that a razor?
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-26-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
No that is a Rhino. We have them here in AZ and we ride them all over the place. I have mine street legal and ride it to the grocery store all the time. They go anywhre.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-26-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
Tom,

What did you have to do to it to make it street legal? Is it truly street legal in the eyes of the law. Is it just an AZ thing. Just curious. I heard you can't do it here in Texas. I've searched websites in the past and can't get a good answer. I'm guessing brake lights, horn, but what about plates?

Any info would be appreciated.

Ken
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-26-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
anything that you are going to drive on the road has to have license plates... also, if it has a windshield, you have to have a wiper. it can be a manual joke of a wiper, but IT'S THE LAWWW!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
Their legal here in Idaho too. Even an ATV is street legal here. All you need is a head light, tail lights, horn & a helmet. Plus if your riding at night, you need turn signals.

Technically your supposed to use DOT approved tires too. But that never happens & I've never heard of anyone getting busted for it.
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-27-2008, 3:18 AM Reply   
That thing is cool. There is a chic i saw going thru our town the other day in one. Very cool
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
thats just a Yamaha Rhino. stock they're going to cost around 13K and after you add all the stuff that one has (lift kit, grill light bar, roll cage light bar, racing seats, front and rear crash bar, blacked out plastics and theres probably something else that i'm missing) but that one is probably going to run you between 20 or 25K. they get expensive. make sure you get the doors on yours. my older bro still has a couple pins in his ankle from rolling it and getting his foot stuck under it as it was rolling.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-27-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
If your dealer is getting 13K for a 700 Rhino we better talk I sell 09 700's for just a tad over 10
OTD.I'd give the price but I don't think I can
dealer territory you know.

Every state is different concerning street legal in,MT you need running lights,brake lights (stock). Also horn, mirror, and lic. plate light to be street legal, same with ATV's.

Of course I need to mention that Yamaha motor corp does not recommend the units for use on a public road even a dirt one.HEE HEE

BTW All rhino's now come with doors and they will put them on for free on all older units. Did your bro get in on the BS lawsuit? Without getting into why you would put your foot out the door when rolling a 1000lb machine anyway. I've had a couple they get better every model year.
Old     (xpjim1)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
In arizona you need a windshield, horn , license plate light and mirrors. I added turn signals just to be more visible since the engine braking is so good I hardly ever touch the brakes.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-27-2008, 10:38 PM Reply   
the polaris rangers are sooo sick. they are so tough.

and the rzrs are very quick.
ive heard way too many horry stories about rhinos
Old     (boardshack)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-27-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
I don't believe the above picture is a rhino, you can pick one up for a lot less than a custom rhino. check out this link http://www.rueschmotorcompany.com/
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       08-28-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
Good catch Board Shack. At first glance, that thing is all Rhino, but I believe you are correct with the Ruesch link. Still a good looking machine.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-29-2008, 1:27 AM Reply   
I'm with dave on this...if your payin 13 for a bone stock rhino you need to shop elsewhere! I sell them in MS and although I can't post our actual price I can tell you that the MSRP for a fully loaded ducks unlimited edition is about 11,600. I can also tell you if you were to buy one somewhere else and get it shipped to you, you'd be comin out better than 13! Also, you might want to shop somewhere else for your accsessories!

Mitch, we also sell rangers and they are definitely a beast of a machine..really durable but not quite as "agile" as a rhino. the rzrs are REALLY quick, but ill tell you if you the rhino is less likely to roll than a rzr. the only horror stories I've heard from the rhino are people who couldn't keep their hands and/or feet inside the vehicle. especially if they rolled it. but the doors take care of that now.
Old     (spolk69)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2008, 5:00 AM Reply   
how bout this

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii115/spolk69/IPHONE005.jpg[/IMG]
Old    wakeboardmarktwain            08-29-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
Every year the boss sends me to Florida for John Deere's BTL, which dealers get to go to and check out and play with all the new equipment. Last year they brought this tricked out Gator. When they cranked the stereo up you could feel the bass half a mile away while on a tractor. It was pretty sweet.Upload
Upload
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
Great catch on the Ruesch, and thanks for the link. Rhinos are not where it's at. Big money, lil power, my golf cart has more sac. The RZR was nice-but tippy, and once you start adding long travel, cage, seats, your at fully size buggy priceland and 60 mph. Joyner has an 1100CC Trooper, but they're are hit and miss with issues. There's another one from Harley that will soon hit the dirt and it's packed with 2200 CC of muscle. http://www.heathenvtwin.com/
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
Rod,

You can bring that by my shop and I can brake it in for ya. What are those going for? That thing looks sweet.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-03-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
im keeping that one probably for myself. but i have another im selling just like it for $8500.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-03-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Rod, is the other one your selling a turbo model?
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-03-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
The one she has is a Polaris... It is sweet
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-03-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
no they are 500cc carb, but there is a turbo kit for it.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-03-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
That 1st picture isn't a Rhino
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-03-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote: my older bro still has a couple pins in his ankle from rolling it and getting his foot stuck under it as it was rolling.

I did the same on a quad bike - was doing donuts and the ouside wheel dug in and it rolled. I put my foot out to stop it and I couldn't. I didn't have any major injury, but itwas flippin painful.

I noticed that the UTV in the pic has a bar that would help to stop this happening - very sensible!
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-04-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
I am just about ready to pop for one for my dad.
He's 88 and can't get his leg over an ATV anymore.

Anyone know anything about American Sportwork CW650

http://www.amsportworks.com/utvs.php?id=cw650

Not as tricked out as some of these, but at $6200 with a windshield and roof, not bad.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-04-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
my Mule certainly isn't tricked out, but it does have board racks on it for the trip from the house to the lake (not shown though)

Upload