Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    shaggydan22            11-24-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
It took awhile, but I finally got my new O'brien Vision 135. I originally purchased the board in the spring from an online shop. I rode the board all summer and it finally snapped in early fall. I talked to the online shop and they told me to deal directly with o'brien (which the warranty specifically says not to). I talked to o'brien, and they said goto the local shop. So I bring it to my local shop, and they said they would call me when the new board arrives. I give the shop a call after 2 weeks go by, and they still have my board just sitting around. I went in to pick it up and they told me they didn't send it out because they couldn't find a box. Since I was a little ticked, I decided to rant wakeboarder.com. A little while after I posted, someone contacted me directly from o'brien. I told him the whole story, sent him some pics of the busted board, and got me connected with customer service. I sent the board off on a Thursday, and got my new one 8 days later. To bad the day after I got my new board it snowed 6 inches. Thanks again to o'brien.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-24-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
I am so glad I have a great local boardshop because I ride alot and break alot of stuff! Thanks again to Matt at the edge in Portage Michigan!
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-26-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
You can't expect pro-shop service from a mail order company. If you choose to save some money by buying online them don't whine when you don't get pro-shop service. However it is good to see that O'Brien stepped up to help you out. That should be the job of the company that took your money. Next time buy local.

Old    shaggydan22            11-26-2003, 12:30 PM Reply   
Not whining, just telling my story. I always have bought local before this time, and I probably always will in the future.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-26-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
hmmmm

"So I bring it to my local shop..."

damn online mail order local shop
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-26-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
Bad choice of words on my part. Did not mean to call you a whiner but simply point out that face-to-face contact at a bricks-and-mortar shop is more likely to get you the service you need.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       11-26-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
I generally agree that service from online shops is usually second rate, but I do have to give props to Grizzly Sports...RV is really good about warranty issues...oh, and don't forget Glass and Powder. They are definitely two online shops I can stand behind!