Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    97on22s            05-01-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
first off...should i add in the tower speakers amp and sub when i purchase my mobius ls new?

or is there a place to get a good deal with mathcign speakers after wards?

2nd
what kind of gas usage does the boat do?
Old     (mspearr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-02-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
Ryan,
Check out www.gulfcoastwakeboarding.com. Look at the rival install thread under boats. The crew at Texas Tige hooked me up on my 05 Mobius LS.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
It all depends on what kind of deal you can get from the dealer and your skill at doing it yourself.

It is a real pain to run the wires up the tower. Getting the amps mounted in a secure manner and properly wired is no easy task either. If you don't mind drilling holes in your boat and are comfortable with the wiring details then do it yourself. Otherwise, you will be paying someone else to do it so then the question is do you pay the dealer or a third party.

If you can see an example of what the dealer offers and like what you see and hear then that is certainly your easiest route. Often times the boats are delivered without the towers mounted and it is easier for them to run the speaker wires before they put the tower on.

As far as gas usage: it all depends on how you ride. When you fill the ballast tanks and ride at wakeboard speeds the gas consumption is pretty high, somewhere around 20 gallons an hour. Empty the ballast tanks and cruise at 1/2 throttle and it will use half of that. Make a high speed run a WOT and don't be surprised to find your gas tank being emptied at a rate of 25 to 30 gallons an hour.

If I am keeping the boat busy I can go through 40 to 50 gallons of gas in a day, easy.