Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-22-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
We just got a new Centurion Enzo...big jump up from our '91 Bayliner. Well, due to circumstances beyond their control, the dealer was unable to do "on the water" instruction.
I know that my husband would be SO much more comfortable taking the boat out with someone familiar with V-drives, to give him some pointers and gentle instruction.
We are on Bull Shoals Lake in Missouri...anyone?
Thanks!
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-22-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
By the way, we have a resort about one mile from the boat launch, and would be happy to put someone up overnight...
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-22-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
probably one of the better posts of the year right there. education is key. wish i could help, will you pay for 1st class flight?
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-22-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
Can't do that, but we'll give you a room!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-22-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
great to see people asking for help..... so many people think they can learn on their own and those are the same people we all laugh at as they screw up. Good luck and enjoy the new boat!!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
That's awesome, I wish I was close because you guys have the right attitude and I would love to help. Last year I taught a summer camp ski staff the finer points of driving and pulling skiers and riders. It's good to start with someone who knows what they are doing.
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-22-2006, 11:26 PM Reply   
Hmm... how soon do you plan on getting on the water. I wont be back in MO for about another month... I'm sure there is someone that can help before then but if not I'd be more than happy to help.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-23-2006, 1:39 AM Reply   
When are you talking of going out? Im not too far away. Might be a good weekend sat eve/sunday trip.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-23-2006, 5:06 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. I kind of thought I would get flamed for buying a boat and not being an "expert"!
Russell and Todd, we can go out anytime...like I said, we are right down the road from the launch, and the boat is sitting at the resort. Our favorite time to go out is Sunday...the shop is closed, and most everyone else is going home, so we pretty much have the lake to ourselves. Not that there are ever too many boats on our lake, mostly fishermen.
Diggs and Big Heavy, my biggest fear was being one of those "guess what happened our first time out" threads!
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-23-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
Actually, let's go right now! Looking at the lake from my front porch...glass, sunshine, I'm ready!
Where is all this rain they were talking about?
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-23-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
This week is crucial for me to buckle down so today and this week is no dice. Let me check my schedule and maybe within the next weekend or 2 we can arrange something
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-23-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
That might just work Todd. We rented a slip at the marina for a month...our dock isn't quite done, and with the great weather we have been having, we want to at least get it in the water so we don't have issues with low water and trying to launch it frequently. One of the marina owners said he would help us get it launched, but it would be great to have someone come down for instructions.
Just let me know if you really want to do it...we'll make sure we have a cabin for you and an extra steak (or however many you, or you and whoever else you bring) to throw on the bbq!