Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
I would like to find out, from those with experience, about the wake behind an SV216. Please give me specifics and not just opinions. I'm a semi-pro kneeboarder and kind of picky about my wake. I currently have an '02 Malibu VLX and have the potential opportunity to switch to the SV216. I know some of you think I may be crazy to go from a 'Bu to a Centurion, but this is a potential sponsorship opportunity and I need to look at all possibilities.

Here's what I'm looking for: Since us kneeboarders don't have the assistance of our legs to create pop, we need to have a wake with a lot of "peak". Rampy wakes, like the MasterCraft X-Star, X-2, etc. suck. The Nautique SANTE is about as good as it gets. The Storm Series Centurions are waay to peaky and it's like hitting a wall. My Malibu, with 2000lbs., front to rear, is an awesome wake.

If all goes as planned, I'll get to ride behind one on Thursday. I just want to know what to expect and to see if anyone has added weight to modify the wake.

Thank you ahead of time for your input.