Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (edahl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-20-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
Over the winter I am going to install a depth finder in my Sanger 215V.

Questions:
Which depth finder would one recommend?

Would this depth finder fit in the gauge column space on the far right side of a 08 Sanger 215V?

Thanks
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       09-20-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
Do you have the Smart Tow?
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-20-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Look by your transmission and see if you have an "airmar" paddle wheel sender. It will say on it. This might be a lot easier than you think.
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-20-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
I have been thinking about this for my 08 V215 as well. I have pp and the "airmar" paddle wheel sender.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-20-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
http://www.boatersland.com/far-13752.html

All you need to do is hook up the wires. I can prob find the thread that shows how to hook it up if you need it.

The airmar sensor is depth/temp/and speed in one.
Old     (edahl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-20-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
I do not believe I have Smart Tow. Unless it came with the boat new off the lot, No because I have yet to put any after market additions to the boat.

So, the Airmar 'may' be part of the PP?

You wrote look by the transmission to see if I have a Airmar paddle wheel sender (PWS). What does the Airmar PSW look like?

You have a 215V, will this item be located on the Port or Starboard side?

Thank for the assistance, I appreciate it.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-20-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
Yea, find the paddle wheel from under the boat and then just figure out logically where it would come through the hull. Mine was next to my tranny, but yours could be somewhere else.

I think most sanger/supreme/centurion boats use a 3 way depth/temp/speed gauge...or at least they used to in 07. It's made by airmar and will say airmar on it when you find it.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-20-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
I epoxied the puck for mine just ahead of the driveshaft exit inside the hull. So it sits between the tracking fins and the prop. I set the clearance depth so it reads distance from the lowest point of the fins to the lake bottom.
Mine's a Norcross Hawkeye. It works pretty well.
If you can get an integrated unit that's great. You can get sensors that mount through hull and give a greater range of readings but that all seemed like too much work.