Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-08-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with anything similar to my following quesions....

I am re-doing my home theater setup so it looks "nice" to the Mrs.... the final product in my mind will have the following displays:

120" fixed frame screen - image from a HD20 Projector
55" LED tv
55" Plasma tv
*The TVs will be mounted to the right of the screen and stacked one on top of the other

The sources providing a signal will be a:
2 Direct TV boxes in the room (third box I am tapping into from living room above and can use RF remote)
PS3 for games/bluray
Media PC for games/bluray/media

My thought is to split the HDMI signal as soon as it comes out of the device (1x2)... from there one split would run to a TV and the other split to my receiver - that would feed the projector.... doing this I should be able to watch any source on either a TV or big on the projector depending the needs for that given day.

....I'm sure some people are asking, what the hell do you need three displays for, which is a good question.
My reasoning for doing it this way:
1. Had a similar setup in college and was spoiled.
2. NFL sundays / NCAA saturdays - sunday ticket and gameday are awesome and have 3 tvs going is the only way to do it.
3. When the Mrs. wants to watch some ****ty movie I can fire it up on the projector, while I play a video game or have sports on.... this way she is happy because we're "watching a movie together" and I am happy because I am not in the doghouse for playing games.
4. I have extra tvs.

Attached is the college setup with old/different TVs.... this time around obviously wires will be hidden, media all in a rack, and TVs stacked.....the other pic is my idea for splitting the "outs" on each device.... does it seem like it should work?

Thanks for any input!
Attached Images