Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-21-2019, 10:01 AM Reply   
I fill up the center locker also. The 100 lbs in each rear locker go in the very far corners. The sacks will fill up and rest on them. I then have 50 lbs of lead in the "cooler locker" and opposite that on port side. The other 100 lbs is split in the bow on each side under the seats each side.

I've used the Ronix wake shaper and the Nauticurl. I prefer the Nauticurl but a buddy that has the exact same 2015 V215 likes the Ronix (that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream).

The nauticurl is set so the top just barely pokes out of the water as far back as I can go. It pops off at times which is pain.

We like to run at 11.2 others like to run at 10.5.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-21-2019, 10:03 AM Reply   
If we run 3 or 4 people, sometimes I will bring a 500 or 750 lb sac and set it on the floor mid-ship or front.
Old     (manels1111)      Join Date: Jun 2019       06-21-2019, 3:14 PM Reply   
Sounds good, I think I got a decent grasp on things to try this weekend with the Swell Slim. I'm probably going to have about 7 to 9 adults in the boat with stock ballasts all filled. I hope that will be enough with the slim suck gate. I'll try to do some comparisons video's.
Old     (SySurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2019       06-24-2019, 1:57 PM Reply   
@SangerTom Do you have Surf Plates, if so do you use them in your set up?
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-24-2019, 3:36 PM Reply   
I don't. Some on the Sanger Boat Owners FB page just had some aftermarkets put on. Waiting to hear about how they work. I'm thinking about it.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-24-2019, 3:41 PM Reply   
I don't. Some on the Sanger Boat Owners FB page just had some aftermarkets put on. Waiting to hear about how they work. I'm thinking about it.
Old     (SySurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2019       06-25-2019, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
I have them on my 2019 215sx. They help elongate the wake but still trying to optimize which is why I asked.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-25-2019, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
I fill up the center locker also. The 100 lbs in each rear locker go in the very far corners. The sacks will fill up and rest on them. I then have 50 lbs of lead in the "cooler locker" and opposite that on port side. The other 100 lbs is split in the bow on each side under the seats each side.

I've used the Ronix wake shaper and the Nauticurl. I prefer the Nauticurl but a buddy that has the exact same 2015 V215 likes the Ronix (that's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream).

The nauticurl is set so the top just barely pokes out of the water as far back as I can go. It pops off at times which is pain.

We like to run at 11.2 others like to run at 10.5.
SangerTom - Interesting. def need to see pics of your wave.

I have a 230 so slightly longer hull. I'll post what works for us.

water weight:
surf side rear locker full: 1100 lbs
ski locker full: 350
center walkway sac: 750

lead:
600 lbs spread evenly left to right midship
400 lbs even under bow seats.

if we're light on people, i'll move some of the midship lead to the surf side.

suck gate on oppo side.

yes, your rubrail will be under water while sitting. loop your bilge line up into the top cap or check valve it.

all i've ever seen/heard about Sanger's is list the crap out of it and have a good amount of bow weight. Interested to see what an evenly weighted wave looks like.

I'll try to find pics of mine, but just replaced hard drive on my laptop so no promises.
Old     (manels1111)      Join Date: Jun 2019       06-25-2019, 10:45 AM Reply   
So back from lake.

Setup

10mph
1000lb each rear locker
500lb ski locker
600 lbs people wait in bow
600 lbs people weight surf side rear seats

Massive wave but very short. Also if I had all the people in back of boat, I couldn't even get the boat up to speed. It was so bogged down and never got on plane. Felt like I needed more bow weight but wasn't any room left. Next time out I'm going to try 750 in rear lockers so bow to rear weight is a little more balanced.

I tried the Swell Slim on bottom step but it was to far under water this weighted. I ended up placing it higher up on the boat right behind sanger lettering.

Last edited by manels1111; 06-25-2019 at 10:52 AM.