Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Anyone got any rides in on the new Ronix Viva yet? I've heard good things about it and am curious to see how it rides...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-12-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
There was a VERY LARGE thread on this not so long ago. Scroll down a lil bit and check it out. Pics and all.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
Ya i saw that, great info there but not many folks have had a chance to ride it, was just wondering if anyone had taken a spin on it behind the boat yet...
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-12-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
The Viva is the sickest board ever. Really fast and has a lot of pop too. It is really easy into the flats and tracks really well. I will be on the Viva and the Bill the whole year.
Old    sdahockey21            01-12-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Ya, I have taken a couple sets on it so far. Super soft and Forgiving on landings. It was really easy for me to land switch in the flats because of how fast it lands. The tracking into the wake is nice and the pop takes you more up and out, which I like a lot. It is very also responsive. I would be more detailed, but I don't have the board totally dialed yet since I have only ridden it couple times.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-12-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
I saw Chad riding it and he was going HUGE.

Not trying to takeover the thread but anybody ridden the Bill? How will it compare to the Viva? Is it slower? I was just wondering because I just got one for a rail board in trade of my 09 Marius.
Old     (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-12-2009, 9:23 PM Reply   
I rode the Viva and couldnt get it to hook up for me. I also rode it before they changed the fins from molded to screw ins to so I may take another run at it but as for now I'm gonna stick to the PBV2. Chad could ride a piece of plywood and go HUGE.
Old    sdahockey21            01-13-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
Either Way, It is definitely a board to check out in 09, along with the 09 One.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-13-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
I love the new Viva. Very fun, loose when you want it to be and sets a nice edge Great pop and smooth landing. I have the new Ronix Parks bindings... way by far the most comfortable I have ever ridden. I always crank my bindings as tight as possible and they relax during my riding... with these they stay snug the whole ride. Absolute my best set up ever. Aloha from HB, CA.