Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
My Nice RG-1 bindings are finally giving out and I'm in the market for some new bindings. I want something very stiff and I've heard the Cells are stiff. The other option I'm looking at is the Slingshot D2s. But I'm very hesitant on the D2s as I've heard your feet don't eject well from them, if at all. I like a locked down binding but if I take a hard enough hit that I should eject then I definitely want to eject.

So, do the Cells eject on a hard landing?

Also, what are your thoughts on the Cells overall?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-03-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
My friend has a set of the CT Cells that we've used for almost 2 seasons. Very nice. The laces suck though. After a while they won't stay tight, but you'll probably get that with any of them.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-03-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
I had a pair of the cells when they first came out. I took a hard fall within the first week and I got ejected out of the boots. The liner came out with me and they felt "loose" after that. I sent them back and got the Watsons CT. I haven't looked back since. I am sure that the cells have gotten better since then, but you may want to look at the Watsons as well
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-03-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
What size are you? I can give you a killer deal on a pair of 13-14. I bought the wrong size, I need a 12. PM me if interested. mkanderson2@gmail.com
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-03-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
I have a pair of 12s if interested. I got the 12 and needed the 11. I love the cells. ccl2g@mtsu.edu
Old     (ronix_one)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-03-2009, 11:59 AM Reply   
John - Have your friend stop into your local Ronix dealer and they will be able to give you new lace locks for your bindings, most likely free of charge. If you have an issue, PM me and I can help.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-03-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Ronix one, but I think he got the issue resolved. I appreciate the post.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Kevin, thanks for the ejection info. I've tried on quite a few LF bindings and never liked how they felt.

I'll probably be getting a size 10 but I'll have to try them on first.

Thanks!
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-04-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
I loved the cells but they never released very easily for me. Actually tore the lugs that hold the base plates to the boots out. Had to get One's as a replacement but I wish I still had the cells. :-/
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-04-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
Oh, and all the lace locks that came on the One's went bad after riding them twice and I've been waiting a month with multiple calls to my "local" dealer for replacements and still waiting. Sorry for the rant.
Old     (geogilbert)      Join Date: May 2007       01-04-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
I ride Cells and they and I love them. They are very stiff which helps keep the knees and ankles together.

As far as ejections goes I don't remember ever getting ejected. An I have taken plenty of hard diggers. I actually like the fact that they stay on because I feel like the worst place to be is in the middle of a fall with one boot on and one boot off.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-04-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   

quote:

I ride Cells and they and I love them. They are very stiff which helps keep the knees and ankles together.

As far as ejections goes I don't remember ever getting ejected. An I have taken plenty of hard diggers. I actually like the fact that they stay on because I feel like the worst place to be is in the middle of a fall with one boot on and one boot off.

+1... My thoughts exactly.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-04-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
I have d2's and they are SUPER stiff, and I have only come out once, and it hurt really bad, I rode cells like a year ago and hated them, but those were the first year they came out so they may have imporved....they didn't tighten, had preesure points, and had a ton of toe lift...

I would vote for D2's
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-04-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
After riding the Cells I'm a lot more timid trying stuff with my One's but that's only because I'm used to the support and the confidance the Cells gave me. they never loosened on me and were super comfortable too.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-05-2009, 5:58 AM Reply   
I come out once in a while...if i fall hard enough.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-05-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
i have both... i like the cells MUCH better... the cells come up a little higher which helps the rigidity of the boots' feel... rode on cells 5 months this summer and broke the baseplates and got the D2s to try them out while my cells were in shipment... came up short on a tantrum and rocked my ankle... now my D2s are on my Covenant... i used the D2s to rehab my ankle for a few weeks until i got my cells back on my ibex
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-05-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
They are kinda stiff but they still flex great when needed, I love my cells even though Ronix has pissed me off numerous times I can't deny the awesomeness of those bindings.

I've been ejected a time or two from my cells and I won't say it didn't hurt but I was not injured.

Upload
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-05-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
Ive heard that the new SS D3s have a little more flex than the previous 2 years, and lace up quicker and easier than other years. Is there anyone who can verify if this is true? Ha Jeremy would know, that guy seems to know everything about SS products. Where are you Jeremy?
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-05-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
I have both the cells and some drivers...both are super stiff and super comfy.I have been ejected from both of them...the drivers hurt the most cuz u can get em soooo tight...
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-06-2009, 1:01 AM Reply   
baha, I feel like Jeremy sits at home and drools over SS product all day. The D3's have a touch more flex, but still are a high wrap. they do lace up quicker, they still have to laces but you don't have to wrap up the top laces this year like on snowboard boots, you just pull tight and are ready to go!!

Gotta love the SS!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-06-2009, 1:04 AM Reply   

quote:

I feel like Jeremy sits at home and drools over SS product all day

i think he does more than that, but since this is a family site, i won't say it.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-06-2009, 1:05 AM Reply   
bahaha...

Jeremy, someone needs to get you a new SS setup instead of the 07 brother, you're still living in the past in terms of flex tech!
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-06-2009, 4:57 AM Reply   
I just remebered something else you may want to consider about the cells, they have a LOT of heel lift, that or mine are warped.