Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-12-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
I was wondering what board or what kind of board would be better for a small wake.
The boat is an outboard sea ray.

I had a Marius platinum and loved it, so i was thinking of getting one.
Thanx
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-12-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
My wake is not the biggest. I'm there with you although I do have an inboard engine my wake is still small. I ride an '07 Marius Platinum and love it.
Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-12-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
hey im behind an in/out sea ray. have you had any luck getting a good balance of sacks??
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-12-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
I usually just load the boat with some friends. I've got a closed bow though, so sometime it's a little tough to keep it perfectly balanced.
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-12-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
I load my boat with about 4 friends and then 2 750#'s in the bow. for an I/O it's pretty good
Old    thebiggmann            01-12-2009, 10:04 PM Reply   
I ride behind a Malibu Response LXi, by no means a large wake. But with a 750 lbs fat sac in the back, the ski locker filled with water (till the damn bilge catches up lol, but that takes some time :-) ) and the wedge down it throws a decent wake. Not great by any stretch of the imagination though. I just bought a lyman at the end of last season, got it out for one run before the lakes froze me off (Northern WI) but I loved it. It was such a huge difference from my 07 Murray. It popped me almost twice as good IMO. It's a great board, at least through one sec :-)
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-13-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
I had an i/o with a small but decent wake...but this one is even smaller.
Maybe i'll go with another marius.
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-13-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
Would it be better a 3 stage board over a continuous with a small wake?
Anyone?