Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
Just found out that the boat show for Omaha Nebraska at the Qwest Center this weekend has been canceled. Anyone know why?
Old     (nawteek256)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-07-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
Since the economy is doing so well they dont need to have a show.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-07-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
I heard a couple big dealers backed out as they're going under, so they decided just not to have it. No word on who yet, but rumor has it we should hear sometime in Feb. Anybody know who?
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-07-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Wow, what a surprise..

not really..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-07-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
Pry costs a couple thousand to have a booth at a boat show. Then there's your displays and promo stuff, ppl to work the thing, etc. And if you're going under, getting new boats to display is pry harder than it may seem.... not surprised at all.
Old     (jcush313)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-07-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
i disagree with the big dealers going under. there are only 4 maybe 5 dealers in the boat show either way so why not wait until the sport and travel show?
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-07-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
I guess you could wait for the sport and travel show, its just this first one out of the gate shows us what new things are out there and maybe some good deals on left-over stock. Just winter time sucks and the shows kinda speed things along thats all.
Old     (jcush313)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-07-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
JP i completely agree it does suck! but i dont think its cause any of the dealerships are closing anytime soon. lets hope not atleast!
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-07-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
I checked last week and it said sometime in march they were having this. Now it has Jan 9-11th..... I am guessing the are moving the date but with the website now sayting the above i don't know what to think.... Also according to the website it is still on....

http://www.gototheshows.com/mbs_v_home.html#
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-07-2009, 5:07 PM Reply   
Sorry for going off topic but how interested would you guys be if a cable was added to a lake in nebraska. Specifically a nebraska game and parks lake? would you go? It would not be a full cable park but a few sliders and kickers..... on a portion of the lake.

Thanks for you help.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-08-2009, 6:09 AM Reply   
Keir - I've been kicking around trying to start a cable somewhere for a couple years. I would go, and I know a few guys who road trip down to KC quite a few times during the year who would definately get yearly passes.

As for the show, I'm just stating what the rumor mill has been churning out.

Cushman - I agree, there's not very many dealerships here, so even one going down would be a huge hit!
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
My kids would be there every day, and I know alot of other riders would go also. If you get something to go through and you need help with anything I would be more than happy to help out and the people we ride with would help also. How about also trying to start a Nebraska INT?!?
Old     (vanagonwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-08-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Well right now in nebraska the cost for someone to get into wakeboarding is very high. This would be a low cost alternative for people. However there is not much of a market yet. THis is why i am going to try and work something out with the state parks to gain interest in the sport. I am going to start with the new 2.0 system. I can pick up and move it to say Omaha and other places during the year to pick up the sport a bit.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-08-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing Keir. My initial thoughts were even just to find a small lake dug during highway construction to put one up on. If you need any help getting it put together let me or JP know, we're planning on putting together a winch park this spring somewhere
Old     (jcush313)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-12-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
i think it would be a sick idea just not a big enough sport in nebraska... def not enough people to keep it open especially being seasonal...