Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-08-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
Found these photos tonight and had to scan them in; I got a kick out of them. Me in Tampa, FL learning on my uncles 1986 Ski Nautique. Wish I could find one of me up...oh well maybe it never happened.

Circa Dec 1989

T
Upload
Upload
Old     (rob_jacques)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-09-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
That is awesome brother! My barefoot suit is from about that year.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Hey Trevor. I got to scanning a few old pics the other day too. Here's me in 1978 after I just learned to barefoot.

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by fly135 on January 09, 2009)
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
Nice!!!!
Hey Robby Hit me up sometime. Lets ride and shoot.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-10-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PebkrcONWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_WB15xRHU

The first video is of some highly motivating barefooting. The second is video I shot last summer of our old timers at Harveys Lake. I haven't done it for years but might get back into it next summer.
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-10-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Barefooting is pretty sick i think. What is the easist way to learn with out a boom do you think? I tried getting up once by just sitting on the front of a kneeboard and easing my way up but could never get the job done. It looks pretty intense!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-10-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
I haven't done it for years but might get back into it next summer.

Hey schooledrider, come on down here (or I'll come up to your lake) and we'll do some footin' together! It's only me and another guy down here that foot, so we're among the minority but still fun! Early morning runs are the best of course.

Is that your wife in the second video? Whoever she is, nice to see the ladies get out there and barefoot.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
mark, I did it for the first time this summer at the boarding school. Travis and Shaun put me on a wakesurfer (the bigger the better), get outside the wake into the trough, sit down on the nose with your knees bent to your chest. Put your arms and the handle in between your knees at arms length... have the driver "pin it" and get up to around 40 mph and then just put your feet on the water in front of you, LEAN BACK as you push(stab) your feet into the water.

I was told that you can NEVER lean too far back, and it is true.

so much fun.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
I learned it the hard way on a kneeboard and long rope. Jamming your feet in can cause big problems in my experience, rest them on the water, as the speed comes up the kneeboard will go and you will hardly notice.

IMO riding on the boom without a handle is the girls way to foot. When I learned it we were too dumb to use the girls way. Ha ha ha. I still remember taking a digger so hard I thought I had broken my collar bone. I am way to soft to foot now, wakeboard only for me!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2009, 11:47 PM Reply   
WoW a thread where Andy could give some good advice and he is no where to be found? Humm I wonder what happend to him?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-10-2009, 11:52 PM Reply   
http://barefootworlds.com/BarefootForum/default.asp
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-11-2009, 12:24 AM Reply   
Grant, totally thinking the same thing. Thought he would jump all over this but pooofffff, gone....Where'd he go?

T
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2009, 12:43 AM Reply   
Trevor: Where did Andy go? I think I heard the toilet flush.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-11-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
Another here that loves to barefoot. I learned the girls way with a boom but learned to long line the first summer I started. I use a kneeboard to start. Never thought about a surfboard, great idea. Will have to try that this year.

There are some older guys on my home lake that are crazy good at barefooting. Had it not been for them to teach me I don't know if i'd be doing it.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-11-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
i learned how to do it off of my board this summer....

pop out of your binders, get the boat going 40, put one foot in, then the other and hope for the best
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-11-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
I love to foot. My other Mastercraft besides my 40th star is a MINT 92 Barefoot 200. First off regardless of how you learn please DON'T "stab" your feet anywhere. Second, the boom is not a girly way in the least. It allows you to be coached and makes learning the proper body positioning in a more controlled way. People that go out, take the bindings off there board, rip her up to 40 and stab there feet in are gonna hate it if not seriously hurt themselves.

(Message edited by duckguy on January 11, 2009)
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-11-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
And I'll share a fun footin pic

Upload