Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    boofhead            04-21-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
I know this basically up to individual preferance and whatever BUT here goes anyway. The only decent wakeboard boat Ive ridden behind is a Tige Switch. I dont have a boat so would like to know how the other wakeboard boats out there compare, and which is the best. That way when iam pulling for a pull at a club I can make a good choice, and I get to watch all you boat owners tear each other up .......... hopefully ;)
Old    crowe            04-21-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
malibu puts out a good wake. even without the tower or being the wakesetter. Malibu's "wedge" is great wake creator.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-21-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   

Old     (wake_up_11)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-21-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
Tige's throw an awsome wake when weighted right. I like the Wakesetter too and the 2003 X star wakes has some serious pop.
Old    duncans            04-21-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
whirlybird, what the hell kind of a wake is that? ...and how do I get a chance to ride it?

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-21-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
I love that pic.

I think that's the wake of the '03 Air Nautique 210 Photo Chop Edition.
Old    murrayair            04-21-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, I remember way back when that photo first appeared. People were saying it was the new X-star wake. $60k+ for a boat was beginning to sound more and more reasonable(in my mind), LOL!
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-21-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
I have a Malibu and when weighting down my wake is not even close, Is this a real pic and what kind of ballast are you using to get that monster?
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-21-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
the switch tige is the smallest wake that the tige series do (i'm pretty sure), we've seen the tige 22V on the water, and it makes a huge difference.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
That is a pic of the wake behind a Sanger V210. It has been photoshopped. The real pic is floating around here somewhere and the real wake is pretty badass, too, but not near that size.

Makes you want a Sanger, huh?
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-21-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
Nope not interested in a Sanger but cool picture, It almost looks real but man that looks like a Oceanic Wave or something..... 6 footer or something....
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-21-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
i'd be scared to hit that i think...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
I could be wrong, but the Switch boats(V & i) are just platforms off the hulls of the 20V and 20ci? They are just saved a little money here and there with the build, options, whatever you want to call it.

What I am saying is, if you rode behind a Switch V, it was = to riding behind a 20V. Of course we are assuming that they are weighted the same.

Same thing as someone who rides behind a Mastercraft 205V or X2.... Or a Super Sport vs a Super Air....bla...bla...bla....

Asking what wake is the best is a lot like asking who is the best looking actress out there... There are a lot of opinions and most people never even dated her....

I know one boat to stay away from, Super Air Nautique 210....It is a TURD....

E.J.
Old    boofhead            04-21-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
Cool guess what I was asking really was - what do all those actresses look like, ie what are the characteristics of the wakes, then its kinda of up to the rider. Its an interesting point about the Switch boat, before I rode it I was pumped cos I had only ridden behind waterski boats with pylons, I thought I was gonna get a wake that you see in the videos lol - you know the one we all dream about?
Old    davidhoffman            04-21-2004, 5:14 PM Reply   
We've got a 22v and ridden behind the switch v before. The switch v is the same hull as the 20v and puts out the same wake. Its a lot less weight then a 22 or 24 v-drive. I like the Tige wake alot. Without ballast the wakes pretty good but weighting it up makes it great. Been behind a Malibu before and their wake is a little more verticle and closer compared to the Tiges wide wake...I guess it is all about favorites though...
Old    wes_the_gimp            04-21-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
Our Sanger V210 is more virt and narrower than my cousins Malibu 23 LSV. Its intimidating charging the Sanger wake, you get bucked straight up. The Malibu doesnt look as big so you charge hard. Since its rampy it throws you into the flats. The kids say I was going bigger behind the Bu. (keep in mind I suck)
Old    xxplosive            04-21-2004, 10:12 PM Reply   
My friend has a ski natique..prolly like a 93. But we weight it down liek made and its got a pylon...I'm never complaining...its a ghetto way to make a wake but it works
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-23-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
Did the wake of an 2003 Super Air Nautique TE 210 is a good wake ?
Old    cmbtige            04-23-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
SAN's have very vertical wakes. No need to take a big cut to get big air.

Mastercraft is big, not as vertical, not as wide as a Malibu or Tige.

Tige is a wider, slightly mellower than a Mastercraft. Easy to charge, easy to go up.

Malibu is super rampy, you can charge as hard as you want and carry a lot of distance.
Old    cmbtige            04-23-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, all are general statements with models doing different things.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
Chris,

that is probably pretty close in a general sense. Though I have only ridden behind my Tige, a SAN and a Malibu.