Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-21-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
paste i have a set of this in our boat and recently while we wer at don pedro we ha the expoxy thing on teh woofer separate. so we r now most likely in need of new speakers and i would like to now if it our falt or a defect. we are only running 13 watts rms trough them

thanx ahead of time stereo experts if u need a pic tell me
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-21-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
screwed speaker
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-21-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
how did those speakers sound before they blew? I am thinking about getting them on my boat. I am just guessing but I would say it is a defect, especially if you have a few and only one blew.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-21-2003, 5:46 PM Reply   
it is much easier to blow speakers by underpowering them, because if you push the amp too much it will clip, which sends all sorts of electrical garbage signal to the speakers. blown speakers are usually user error. however you might be able to talk them into replacing them for you.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-21-2003, 9:34 PM Reply   
yeah my dad talked to teh place they r gonna replace them. good thing since teh rocksfords we just bought don't fit in teh hole. they sounded very well untill they blew
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-22-2003, 8:31 AM Reply   
I'm running the same speakers on my tower and they are pretty sweet, Infinity is great on customer service. I'm sure they will replace them for you asap!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-22-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
those speakers are great, but you are WAY underpowering them.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2003, 5:54 PM Reply   
well we are getting a amp soon so it will help a lot
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2003, 10:42 PM Reply   
Charley mine did the EXACT same thing, actually a few of them did, i think three. The last one i just realized all i had to do was superglue or epoxy the coil back to the cone, they work fine now. It may be a glue issue when they get wet??