Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    freeze77            08-09-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
i have a pair of parks 2003 bindings and i want to paint them ,,is that possible, and if so how do you accomplish this task
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-09-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
Paint will not stick to bindings. The paint will not flex with the rubber and will crack and chip off(if you can even get it to stick on in the first place). About the only part of a binding you can paint is the baseplate and even then you would have a hard time keeping it on.
If you dont like the color sell them and go get something you like
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-09-2004, 6:09 PM Reply   
the only way to change the color of the overlays would be to powder coat them. that requires a lot of time and money, if you don't have the right equipment.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-09-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Powder coating gets baked at 400 degrees, I'm not sure even Hyperlite overlays could live thru that.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
try that fabric paint that you paint on clothes with that might work
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 8:29 PM Reply   
yeah fabric paint or rubberized paint or something may work. hopefully it won't weaken the rubber.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
'not sure even hyperlite overlays could live through that'...my hyperlite overlays tore in 2 weeks. they are very durable, they can handle anything you throw at them.
Old     (hiking42)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-09-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
I spray painted the heelstraps black on my 02 Parks and usually have to repaint every month or 2. I dont really mind because they match the blue overlays better.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
how about you take your bindings and melt them down...mix some food coloring in the melted pot and then resurrect the bindings with ancient witchcraft spells into the ultimate wakeboard binding in your favorite color. I think it will satisfy you to say the least.
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-10-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
euh... if you don't like the colors, change your bindings...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-10-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
leo, know sarcasm when u see it. BTW, I have 01 Belmonts that I've rode year round for three seasons that still look new. Had Highbacks before that for two seasons, no rips ever.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 8:06 PM Reply   
My Highbacks ripped both overlays after about 1 yr. Hyperlite sent me replacements sight unseen and I got them in less than a week. Pretty good I thought (the service, not the ripped overlays that is).