Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-27-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Yellow Loogey
I have an opportunity to buy a used yellow loogey. The price offered to me was $350. It is a current year board, but has been used with a couple of little dings.

I am trying to find out if that would be a good price for it or if I need to get him to come down a little bit. I have never ridden one, but have heard good things about it. I may take it for a demo next week, if I get a chance to go out.

Your opinions are appreciated.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
powell, i currently have a blue lake so if you get any good input i would be really interested, because this is the board i was thinking about getting next..

db
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-27-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
I would say a little lower would be a good price, only b/c when I bought mine new, inland surfer sent me a bro form. My next inland can be purchase for $350. Not sure if they are still doing this.

Lovinpowell, I would try to demo it. Some people love or hate my yellow loogey. I love it. Light or heavy people do not. Pay attention to the people weight and boat weight charts on Inlandsurfer.com, too.

Here is a pick with no weight in the boat, only the driver. Feet are far apart and close to the toe edge. Sorry Jeff, at least I have an outlaw life vest on....

Upload
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-27-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
Sorry, the water was a little rough that day?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-27-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
What is list, $450, right. After every board is a blem or demo after one ride, if the board is in decent shape it’s probably worth it. I've ridden the Red, Blue, and Yellow. I like all three boards but of the three but the Yellow is my favorite. I think the Red is really good for the big guy or for small wakes, the Blue is an all round great board, but when you’re ready to start working on 3s and Ollie the Yellow might be your next board.
Old    surfdad            10-27-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
Bryan thanks for the PFD effort, you rock. :-)Although...I don't know how you can ride in those conditions. :-)

The Yellow is a nice board, Mark Sher kills it on that board. The price is a bit steep. If you're patient you can get a good used yellow for 250-275, but shipping is an issue. The cheapest way to ship them is to slap a label on the board, tape the fins to it and ship it greyhoud :-) Get's there usually in a day or two and runs less than 30 bucks.
Old     (lovinpowell)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-28-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, I hope to be able to demo it this Wednesday. I'll also check the charts on Inland's web page.

Bryan : very nice pic.

(Message edited by lovinpowell on October 28, 2006)
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-01-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
i don't how you ride on that small wake bryan :-)

btw are we ever gonna see you again or did you dissapear?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-01-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
brian, do you have any info on your setup, can't get my wake that clean on my X-1... got any pointers?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-01-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Greg, port and front ballast is full. Starboard is empty. Looks like the driver is standing in the middle of the boat?

If you have human weight, put them all on the port side of the boat, mostly in the rear corner. If you have a 400 lb fat sac (we don't), put it in the port locker. Set the PP or MC cruise to 10 MPH. This should get your rub rail close to the water at 10 MPH and you'll have a nice, clean wave.

Let me know if you are goofy and ride on the other side.

Entrust, your wave is still second. Second to Curtis'. You'll see me as soon as Curtis invites us to Hood River I smell a wakesurf competition sponsored by AWS. Your boat can be used as back up, in case Curtis' breaks down